Monday, January 2, 2017

2017 Goals and Plans...

As 2017 is now upon us, I am writing out my goals for this year. I don't know how well I'll do with them, but these are things I really want to be intentional about, and I like writing down lists (go figure) and so here are my goals and plans for 2017....





1. Read 60 Books (at least)- I read only 50 some books this past year and that upset me. I know it is a silly thing to be upset about, and people laughed at me, saying they maybe only read 2 or 3 at most this year. But reading is my big love and I want to make the time for it. Plus the nerd in me likes seeing a nice long list accomplished at the end of the year ;)


2. 1 date a month- Arnold and I have tried to do this in the past and I think we did ok with it this last year.. I don't remember if we got one every month but I know that time with your spouse is important. It's easy to get caught up in the routine every day stuff like kids, homework, housework and everything else, and forgot about the two of you as a couple. I want to plan that time out and make marriage a priority. One day the kids will be gone and it'll just be the two of us again, and I don't want to wake up one day and wonder who my spouse is!


3. Great Wolf Lodge Trip- I was hoping this would have happened by now but time has slipped away, and we keep promising to take the kids. That kind of thing is right up their alley (and so not up mine!) They would stay in water 24 hours a day until they were pruny from head to toe if we would let them-- an indoor waterpark where they can splash around when it's 30 degrees outside is perfect for them.


4. Read Through the 1-year Bible- I know reading the Bible is important and I read things here and there, but I am overwhelmed with the whole thing, never knowing where to start and what to read. I know I love to read so that sounds weird but it's a lot to take in at once. A  lot of people at our church read the 0ne-year bible, and I hear its broken up into easy to read parts every day, and picks sections out for you, and you can even read it on your phone if you want to.By the end of the year, you have read through the whole thing. I hope at night Arnold and I can make this a part of our routine before we go to sleep.


5. Cook more at home- Because we all know it's cheaper, healthier, and all-around better. Most of you know cooking isn't my favorite thing, and it is not one of my strong suits (I would have seriously failed at being a 50's housewife-- just being real here!) But I know it's for the best. A month or so ago we ate a home at lot to try to save extra cash for Christmas gifts, and it was going pretty well, and we saved a ton of money. Going out to eat with 5 people is so expensive these days! Especially with kids that are starting to eat more and more every day (when we have 3 teenagers in the house we'll have to work just to support our food bill!) Anyway, I guess I need to stop whining and start meal planning, haha.




BONUS-- I am really, really, really, really, really hoping this happens by the end of the year, but I want to GRADUATE by Christmas! This college journey has taken so much longer than expected but I am still trucking along and I can actually see the end in sight. I am starting classes next week, but not doing many because of some financial aid issues, and I have a full load to take in the Fall and an internship, and who knows if I'll get it all done like I want to, but God willing, I WILL! I want to finish up, proudly walk across the stage and receive my diploma in front of my hubby and kids, and then start my medical office job. Being a college student at 31 isn't what I expected I'd be doing at this point in my life, but I know at the end it will be so worth it for me and my family.




Cheers to 2017.



No comments:

Post a Comment