Saturday, March 11, 2023

Life so far in 2023!



I finally got my new car!!!! Brooke is getting her license... she was supposed to already have it by now but she hasn't had her permit a whole year yet. Anyway, she is going to take my car... so I needed a new one. We have been looking for awhile. My dream car was always a Cadillac SUV but I didn't think I could really afford one. But one day online I saw an ad for one locally and though it was 2018 and had some miles on it it was SO nice and black which is the color I wanted... so I asked Arnold if we could go look at it and we ended up buying in that night! Having better credit scores now and putting a decent down payment on it made our payments pretty affordable! I am loving it so far! I didn't even know at first but there's perks like a sunroof, heated seats and steering wheel, backup camera, and they gave us a free month of SIRIUS radio which I'm loving because Ive been having my own personal Dave Matthews concerts every day on the way to work ;) 





I don't see how it's even possible but we just registered Rachel for high school!!!!! She will be headed to the same school as her brother and sister in the fall. They will all be together for one year, which I love!!! We went to a meeting/orientation the other night and Brooke showed Rachel and her friend around the School. Rachel has decided what classes she's going to be in and she is joining the marching band. I can't believe it is time for this!!! This fall is going to be very emotional for me! A freshman AND a senior!!




Grandpa turned 91!!!! This pic was actually from last year. Mom took him out to eat to a nice place on his birthday. 




I order cute, quirky seasonal shirts on Jane.com and this is my newest one! The shirt turned out a bit bluer than green than I had hoped but it's still cute! 




Arnold and I went to the movies to see Jesus Revolution!!! It was so good! It was based on a true story and I learned a lot. Several parts of it were very moving. Kelsey Grammar was in it (from Frasier- love him!) and the guy that plays Jesus in a current TV show. Id recommend the movie to everyone! 




Mom has been the greatest and has been picking up the kids for me throughout the week while we're waiting for Brooke to get her license. Sometimes they go and get treats.. they love going to the B&B to get tater wedges and ice cream! 




Caleb got his permit!!! He has been getting lots of driving practice in lately. 




On valentines day Arnold surprised me with pretty tulips! 




Back at the Super Bowl we were so excited because the Chiefs played!!! Most of you know but my dad loved that team-- he traveled a lot for work and did a lot of work in Kansas City. The team even sent us a big beautiful floral arrangement after he passed away. So of course we were rooting for them!! We let the kids have a little party at our house and decorated in their colors and got lots of food to eat, and watched the game. It was pretty close there at the end but they did it!!! I went to bed very happy!!!!




Arnold and I Celebrated our 17 year anniversary!!! 17 years is technically the year for furniture as the gift but Arnold said umm not this year! lol. We hope to go away on a cruise for our 20-year anniversary! He did surprise me with some Stephen Curtis Chapman tickets and we are going to the concert March 23!




My uncle sadly passed away on our anniversary. The funeral wasn't planned until a few weeks later. We went up to Asheville. It was nice seeing my family and my brother who I don't get to see that often. Since it was on a weekend Arnold and I decided to stay overnight and have an early Valentine's Day. We went to dinner at Carrabbas and a little local shopping and had a great time! 




Brooke had her last game of the season! She has loved getting to fly! Next month is tryouts and she is hoping so badly to make it on the varsity team.




Arnold has definitely gotten used to having a wife and 2 teen girls who love to shop! This was from a day of shopping at the mall.. he was a good sport ;) 




We found Brooke's prom dress!!!! No details yet, it'll be a surprise, but it is beautiful!!!! This year will be her first time attending a prom. I'm excited to see her all dressed up. 




I got to babysit my sweet Ensley one day when Joanne had plans! I of course read lot of books to her! ;)




Rachel made the honor roll last time they got report cards!!! She's done really well this year!! 




Arnold and the guys had a show at a new place... a sports bar in Morganton. It was a nice enough place I guess, but loud bars aren't really my jam!!! I don't even drink and I get too nervous in big crowds. But Arnold did great and I enjoyed watching. I got to hang out with his cousin Beth and her husband.. and before the show I went to dinner with my friend Chasity, and a good friend of hers named Ashley. We went to a BBQ place I'd never been to before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment