Monday, May 6, 2019

Month in Review:APRIL!!



Our sweet Rachel made AB honor roll AGAIN! If she makes it one more time, she will have made it the whole year! She did that last year, too. So proud of her. So I got to go see her at awards day at her school. They also had benchmark tests, which gives them an idea of how much they learned this year, and how well the might do on the upcoming EOGs, and she did fantastic! 






Arnold and I went on our April date night.. almost thought we'd get thru the month without a date since we were so busy, but at the last minute we made plans! We went out to eat at Carrabbas and went to do a little shopping. 






Earlier in the month I caught the stomach bug! Thankfully I had it over the weekend so I didnt' have to miss any work (but I DID lose my weekend fun :( Arnold went to church like usual while I stayed at home in bed, and he brought me home my favorite drink with my favorite ice.. it's the little things ;) The stomach bug was going around the preschool bad for awhile. I also got strep TWO times this year! I read it's not even all that common to get strep as an adult! The dr told me I was being reexposed to the virus...and of course those who work with kids get sick more easily sometimes. Lucky me! I hope to be feeling well for awhile now that that's all over with! 






My BFF Jess and I got together and went to the movies!! We saw Breakthrough, which was amazing! I wasn't even sure if I'd go see it, but I'm so glad I did! I did cry like I imagined I would, but it's ok because everyone else there was too! I'm so glad I got to hang out with Jess-- we are so busy these days and don't get to see each other much. We've been friends since highschool and used to spend EVERY minute together it seemed like! Jess is now a director at a local childcare center, and I'm so very proud of her! :)






I somehow got roped into buying my son... the crazy Fortnite addict.. a Fred the Llama comforter from Target! To be fair.. he is a pretty good kid and could use some new bedding.. and the bedding just happened to be on sale that week ;) I never thought one day I'd be on the search for silly things just to make my kids so happy. I mean really.. a purple llama pinata?! I still don't understand Fortnite.. but whatvever!





Arnold is still really enjoying playing with the praise group at church! He is on a regular schedule now.. he plays every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. On those weeks he goes to practice on Wednesday nights.. so he's gone when I get home from work. But I usually use those nights now to catch up on reading ;)



The kids like to run up on stage and see him after church services. They like to help him carry his guitars and equipment out to the van, too. I call them his roadies ;)





One Saturday night during the month we rented A Dog's Way Home dvd and watched it at home. I had been begging the kids to go to the theater to see it with me, but they all said no because it would make them sad! Man.. where did I get such emotional kids??! ;) The movie was so good! I love any movies with dogs in them.. I am a big dog person :) I DID cry.. but it was a good cry.. there was a happy ending.





I got a new stack of books to read. The Karen Kingsbury book was just released and I read all of her's. The latest book is about adoption, and so of course I LOVED it! It did make me think back to my story and 2005 though. I also got A Love Letter Life because I follow Jeremy and Audrey Roloff on instagram and so I wanted to see what that was all about, and it was pretty good. Right now I'm reading WINNING THE WORRY BATTLE. I struggle with anxiety big time, and so it is really helping me put things in perspective. 





Arnold and I bought tickets to the COLLECTIVE SOUL concert at the end of the month! They are coming to Greensboro with Gin Blossoms! When I saw it advertised on facebook, I knew I had to go. I love all 90s music. I am a 90s kid after all! So on the 29th, Arnold and I both asked off for work, and we will go to Greensboro, get dinner, and go to the concert! It will be our May date night! 





We celebrated Easter! Our first Easter at our new church! The music was ON POINT that Sunday! I was getting chillbumps all over and it was just beautiful. Arnold was off music duty that day so he got to sit with me in the pew and enjoy the music. Arnold jokes and says the A Team was playing that Sunday ;) We just had to get a picture in front of the beautiful flower cross. I wanted all the kids to match in yellow this year, and I fell in love with a dress for Rachel and got it. Then I got a matching polo for Caleb. Brooke is now in womens small, so I had to look elsewhere for her dress. I couldn't find anything yellow that we could really agree on, so we finally settled on this yellow dress from Old Navy. It was more of a mustard color, but oh well.. you pick your battles! ;)





Just like every year, we went to Mom and Dad's for a big easter lunch. My mom is still recovering from her knee replacement surgery (although shes making great progress!) so Dad stepped up and did a lot of the preparation and cooking! I was proud of him! ;) 





Brooke absolutely loves her Grandma's deviled eggs. Actually we all do! 






Since the girls were looking all pretty on Easter and my mom had given them flower headbands they wanted to model, we decided to take some sister pictures in their backyard! They live on a golf course and its always a beautiful area to take pictures of the kids. This was one of my favorites! I think I will frame it and put it up in the house somewhere. By the way-- Brooke is all about herself these days, and taking selfies of herself. I guess I can't blame her too much though, I've been taking so many pictures of her since she was born! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment