Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Jan & Feb Recap!

We startted out January by celebrating Arnold's birthday! He was the New Year's baby of 1982 for NC! I had planned to have him a big party to celebrate (yall know me!) but it didnt happen because of stupid COVID! So we celebrated at home and then took him to JDs BBQ for lunch :) 




We went to the clubhouse to eat lunch with mom and dad and to visit. 





Brooke finished up her cheer season! She had a great first year of cheer. We really enjoyed going to see her at the games (except for sitting on the hard bleachers during basketball season! I guess its time for us to invest in some of those cushioned seats!) She is going to try out for the varsity team in May... she wants it so bad. I am really proud of how hard she has worked this season! 




Arnold and the band he is in played at a restaurant/pub near us. He hasn't been in a show for awhile, so it was fun to go out and watch him. I stayed the whole show.... even though mostly everyone else called it a night early! :D We had hoped the kids would go with us but Caleb was sick that weekend so they stayed home. 





Arnold and I celebrated our 16 year anniversary on the 21st of Jan! We went out to dinner at Carrabba's. I kinda wish we were back in Nashville like last years anniversary! ;) 





Arnold surprised me with some jewelry and a candle in my favorite scent. I was actually impressed-- he went online and searched for what the 16 year anniversary meaning was, and it was wax! (weird but whatever!) I thought that he was really creative! I looked ahead at some future anniversaries and it says 17 year is furniture! Looks like mama is getting some new stuff next year! ;) HAHA! I told Arnold that when we get to 20 years he can take me on my very first cruise ;) 





Fun fact about me- I HATE SNOW!!! Hate, hate hate it. Sorry folks. I know I'm no fun. So I was dreading when they called for us to get several inches of it in mid January. I went outside long enough to take a picture with Arnold and Brooke, then stayed inside in the WARM HOUSE and read my books :) 




Rachel doesn't really play outside much anymore but said she wanted to go outside for a picture. I found her laying in the snow!!! Shes a crazy girl :D



Ruby is doing good and is spoiled as ever! She thinks our bed is her's.. we can always find her there if she is missing. She also likes to plop down on top of me even when I am reading or using the laptop. She just makes herself at home :D





They had some army people come to the highschool and Caleb got to go and see and hold some cool stuff, and robots, and do challenges, etc. He was in his element! 





Poor Brooke caught covid in January after being exposed at school. She did not feel well but thankfully it only lasted a few days. 





We normally spend the superbowl at mom and dads house. Dad is a huge football fan and has been all my life. We went to watch the game at their house and have some BBQ sandwiches. 




I personally loved the halftime show. I used to LOVE rap back in highschool. I liked the show... and my parents were real sports to sit there and watch it and not complain even though they hate that kind of music. My dad kept asking a ton of questions... who is that?! Who is that guy?! Is that Drake?! Yeah I Think it is! (no dad, it was 50 cent! :D) Which by the way was a welcome surprise! Brooke got a video of me dancing... I am so old and lame now but loved it :)





When you ask mom to stop for a minute for a picture this is what you get :D





Willow bothered the kids the entire time they were eating :D




On Valentine's day we stayed at home and got some yummy Papa Johns pizza and cupcakes for dinner. It was on a Monday night and we just did a family thing. 



Even though the kids are getting older, I still like to get them little treats for each holiday! My mom did it for me and I am carrying on the tradition! I will probably continue to do it one day for my grandkids :)








Found out my best friend is having a baby GIRL!!!!!!! The baby is due right around Brooke's birthday. Just another birthday to add to our long August list, lol. It's no secret to anyone that I always wanted another baby.. so this is so exciting to me!! I can't wait to become "auntie Abby" for this sweet girl and help out Joanne all I can! It was extra special when we found out it was a girl because Joanne already has 2 sons and I am so thrilled she gets to experience having a daughter too!! I am in BIG trouble with shopping... I cannot wait to buy tons of baby girl clothes and accessories for her. I hope to go in with her sister and throw a baby shower maybe around July. Heck, if Joanne wants me to I'll probably just move in and help her raise it! ;) I joke... but seriously.. I am so beyond excited :)




Pelican's opened back up for the season!!! I had missed them so much! I went and I got bahama mama as my first flavor this year. During covid they used to smoosh down the ice a lot of the time but now they're back to doing the rounded ball on top so I was happy :D 






We went out for icecream one day as a family and the boys decided to play a round of mini golf! I never was a huge fan of it.. it takes sooo long and tests my patience. but they had fun! 



One day I went outside and had a package from amazon... and it was a surprise from my bestie!!! She knows how much I love farmhouse stuff and she got me this! The colors and theme match perfectly in my kitchen! That was so sweet of her.. I love little surprises like that. And I love sending little surprises to friends and family, too! 


The little pieces of the jar break apart and become measuring cups you can use! And put all together it makes a cute little jar to display! I have it with my other pioneer woman stuff and it looks so cute! 


No comments:

Post a Comment