Friday, May 8, 2020

"Life Doesn't Come with a Manual, it Comes with a Mother"


Things I love about my Mom...


1. She is a confident woman. She speaks up for what she wants, and what she knows is right. She doesn't let people intimidate her. I wish I had her confidence.

2. She puts her family first. She was always there for me, even if something at work was important, or she had something else to do.

3. She's a hard worker. I remember her getting up early every single morning. She was a neat freak and always cleaning something. She made sure we had HOT breakfast before going to school.

4. She's thoughtful. She always amazed me how much she thought of other people. She gives gifts and baked goods to everyone at Christmas, even mailpeople, her dry cleaners, and dog sitter. She sends people "just beacause" gifts, even me. She still sends real letters and cards through the mail :)

5. She's helpful. She has helped watched our kids so I could go back to work. She watches the kids  overnight occasionally so Arnold and I can go on a date. She's helped us out of more jams than I can count.





6. She's caring. She would always take me out for icecream or some sort of treat after dr or dentist appointments. Even to this day she will sit with me if I'm scared of something or having a hard time.

7. She's wise. She used to tell me that I'd be lucky if one day I could count on one hand the number of TRUE friends I had. That friendships would come and go, and only a select few would stick by me. And boy was she right. She also reminded me that heartache in the teen years wouldn't last forever.

8. She's intelligent. She would drill me on the multiplication tables until I cried. She would help me with science projects I waited until the last minute to do. She would read books to me every night before bed.

9. She shows the importance of traditions. Every year we'd go stay in our condo at Lake Lure. She'd let us open one present every Christmas Eve. She and I would visit the Southern Christmas show every Winter. She makes me her famous homemade lasagna every year on my birthday (even now!)


10. She was a good role model. She used to let our house be the "hangout" house and all my friends would come over all the time. She'd give advice and a listenning ear to all my friends. She has been married to my dad for almost 50 years-- she stuck by him even when things would get tough. She helped my dad run a successful business.


11. She is so brave. When I was 18 she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She fought that battle and has been in remission for 16 years! She has had both her knee and hip replaced.









I love you Mom!!! Thank you for all you've done for me!! :)



1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on some of your blogs......this is my all-time favorite one about "Life Doesn't Come with a Manual, it Comes with a Mother!" BEAUTIFUL! Those Eleven qualities are so very true of your Mama!! All that and she is also a prayer warrior for and a caring, faithful friend to many. I am grateful to be one of them! God knew what He was doing, Abby, when He placed you to be raised in that home full of abundant love and godly Christian role models!

    ReplyDelete