Monday, May 25, 2020

Quarantine Highlights!

 We celebrated Mother's Day, which was much different this year. We went to have lunch at Mom and Dad's house. Dad ordered out a meal from the country club. We also went to visit Arnold's parents that afternoon. And that evening we got Dos Amigos for pickup. 






 I've gotten my mom so many gifts over the years that I was running out of ideas. Arnold suggested some flowers or a plant, so we went to Lowe's that morning and I walked through the plant nursery. I am horrible with plants, and kill everything I've ever gotten really quickly. I don't know anything about plants, much to my brothers dismay, who's a landscaper :D I picked out a pretty planter I liked, then picked out some flowers to put in there. Arnold helped me move the flowers over to the planter in the parking lot, and potting soil went everywhere, haha. I guess we overerestimated how much soil the planter could hold. I was laughing and taking pictures while arnold was on the ground trying to do all this, and he was mad at me :D





 Arnold ordered me a mothers day cake from Publix. Their cakes are delicious! I made fun of him for days, because he had no idea what to order and kept messing things up. The cake ended up looking like Christmas theme, but at least he tried! He and the kids also got me some great gifts including a new bracelet, new purse, and some new books. My mom and Dad shipped me a tower of fancy, delicious chocolates.. which the kids broke into and started eating immediately. 




 So thankful to be their mom!! :)




 While on quarantine at home, I joined a facebook blessings facebook group, which has become popular right now. You post amazon wish lists and you choose random people or friends to send gifts or little surprises to, to make someone's day. It was a way to brighten everyones spirits during this hard time. I sent a few friends some things, and a few strangers, too. I love doing random acts of kindness type things, so this was great for me. I also got some sweet things in the mail, including this cute pineapple yard sign from my friend :) 






 My best friend Jessica celebrated her 32nd birthday!! I was so sad we weren't able to go out and celebrate like we usually do, but its on the schedule for whenever it's safe again!! We have been friends for over 18 years, and she's been with me through all my ups and downs. She saw me learn to drive a car, get my heart broken, go off to college, have babies, and all sorts of adventures. I cannot thank her enough for always being there... to listen, support me, and to have fun with. :)






 Rachel and I discovered an art called diamond painting! I picked up a kit at hobby lobby and we tried it out. This is not the actual picture of what we did. Our's were smaller. Rachel did a butterfly and I did a flower. Basically you use this little "pen" to pick up tiny beads ("diamonds") and place them on the right spaces according to the color chart. Then it makes a pretty 3D picture that can be framed, or in our case they were big stickers that could be put on something. It's a lot of fun. 





 We have recently found out my brother and sister-in-law's baby is a BOY!!!! He is going to be named Roman Alexander (Alexander is my brothers name.)  My very first nephew, and I am so excited!!! Unfortunately they found out that he has a condition where his intestines are growing outside his body. They say a surgery right after birth can hopefully correct the situation and he will live a pretty normal life. Christina will have to be induced a few weeks early, so he will be an August baby (just like 2 of my kids!!!) We have all been praying hard for him, we know God will take care of this situation!!!! Meanwhile, I've been buying gifts, and of course I've already started his library ;) They plan to come into town the last weekend of June, where we hope to have a drive through/drop in baby shower for Christina! I hate she isn't getting a big, normal baby shower, especially for her first baby, but at least we can do something to celebrate. Please keep them in your prayers!!!! :)





 I have definitely been doing some amazon shopping during all of this, and I MIGHT have bought some unnecessary things along the way ;) Oh well, it was fun, and it made me happy to be getting lots of mail sent to the house. My friend had gotten me two of the Golden Girls funko pops and I knew I needed to get the other 2 to complete my collection :) 






 Our favorite icecream place Udderly Delicious has opened up, and we have made a few trips!! Nothing like oreo icecream in a waffle cone to make you have a good day!!! 





 My dad ordered some washable face masks online, and gave our family some to use. I haven't really used them much out, unless I had to. It gives me such a yucky feeling to have something over my face. Rachel seemed to get a kick out of them, though ;) 





 We had planned on going out to the movies this month to see the new SCOOBY DOO movie, but with everything closing down, we decided to rent it at home. Yes it was $15 to rent, and I usually wouldn't spend that much, but it was worth it to me to have a fun family evening at home. The kids, Arnold and I all sat together in the living room, ate snacks, and turned down the lights. The movie was really cute :) 





On Memorial Day weekend, we went to Mom and Dad's house for dinner, to have low country boil. ONE OF MY FAVORITE meals!!!! Our family has always nicknamed certain meals weird things (dont ask me why!) and we always called this meal CRAP IN A POT!! To this day that's what my dad will call it when he talks about it, and now even our kids know :D Haha. Anyway, dinner was great, we spent time out on their deck talking until it started storming. Then afterwards we all ate watermelon and watched golf (it was what dad had on tv :D 










After 2 1/2 months I am now back at work!!!!!! The kids are staying at my mom and dad's house, and will continue to all summer. I was so happy to get back and see my friends, and my babies.. who have GROWN so much. I actually started back in a new classroom, the young toddlers. I have a few babies that were mine in the last class and recently moved up. It has been quite an adjustment dealing with the toddler room, since I am used to being an infant teacher all these years. But nothing beats those smiles they give you when they see you, or how it feels when they jump in your lap and snuggle you. I also get to go outside on the playground, or to the gym now, since they are older. I have been walking laps in the gym this past week when it rained, and got a lot of exercise :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment