Wednesday, October 28, 2020

What I'm Loving Wednesday!

 



What we've been watching


Arnold and I are flying through season 2 of Schitt's Creek. Its so funny.




I FINALLY finished watching this! My BFF told me I'd love it, and she was right. Once I was hooked I binged the show. Now I can't wait to see what happens next season.



Arnold and I watch this every week. It's been kindof boring with the celebrities lately. I hope they reveal someone really fun soon. The costumes are cool, though.



I started watching this one day while Arnold was at work. Very girly, but such a fun show! Warning-- theres a few pretty inappropriate scenes, but overall it's not that bad. Arnold even watched the last few episodes with me because it got dramatic :D




What I've been reading

I bought this book on a whim from a Christian bookstore sale, and it was good! The author has come up with a test that shows you what kind of mom you are, and they are described by trees. I am a mix between a boxwood and a pine tree. My description of my parenting style was right on! 




Of course I devoured Nicholas Sparks book that came in, in just a few days! He never disappoints.



This was my 2nd book I read from this awesome author. I talked about her last time, she wrote that book on introverts. This one was very good, also!



 

What we've been wearing

They were having a sale at Target one day, on all their womens clothes, so I stopped by and fell in love with this shirt. Its' the perfect colors for fall/thanksgiving. It has flowly sleeves, which I love. Don't mind the silly pic of me, Brooke took it :D



I LOVE finding good deals at thrift stores and consignment stores. I love the chase and the "high" when you find something awesome. I saw this North Face jacket posted on a local consignment page, and I scooped that up so fast for Arnold! It's hardly worn at all!



Of course I've been wearing seasonal earrings for the month! I also have little ghosts and bats, and for Christmas I have little sparkly reindeer heads.




Brooke had school pictures a few weeks ago, and we got her this cute sweater at the Gap outlet. She is really into neutral and solid colors these days.. thats the "in" thing. I think its boring. But oh well! 



This sweater I'm wearing was also a thrift store find! $4 for a name brand sweater? I think so!



I collect bangle bracelets and this is my latest one. It reminds me of when my cousin and I were little girls. We both loved Sanrio. She loved hello kitty and I loved Keroppi. You don't find many Keroppi items out there for sale though! 





What I've been cooking

I've continued my cooking lessons (mostly with help from my mom and Google!!) I've tried a few new dishes lately, including spaghetti pie, chicken enchiladas, and lemon pepper tilapia. The family was most impressed with the enchiladas I think. Caleb really gave me a lot of compliments! :)






What we've been buying

The icepacks I was using for Rachel's lunchbox were taking up too much space so I ordered these little thin ones. And they are dogs, so even better ;)



Everyone was talking about these wool dryer balls, that are supposed to cut down on drying time, and take the place of a dryer sheet. I haven't tried them yet. I gave some to my mom also.



I saw a deal on 2021 planners one day, so I grabbed one for next year!




What we've been working on 

Lots and lot of organizing!! Seeing the rainbow colors trend on the Home Edit show made me try it with a shelf of my books. It does make me happier ;)



I organized mine and Arnold's closet. We got rid of a lot of clothes we didn't wear or didn't fit. We grouped them into short sleeves and long sleeves. Its much easier to find things now!


I wrote a letter to Joseph's mom the other day! It's been SO long since i've written a letter. His birthday is coming up very soon, and I thought it was time. I also sent a card and gift to him!



Brooke's been helping Rachel learn all about the trumpet! She will sometimes practice with her. It's so cute! She can be bossy.. haha.. but I'm glad shes there to help her little sister! If she was looking to me for help, she'd be in big trouble! I did play the clarinet for a few years when I was in school, but I am not talented at music what so ever!! 




What I'm looking forward to next month


Oh I am so ready for November and December! So many fun things coming up!

-Election night! I cant believe its only 6 days away! The kids and I have planned a USA/Trump party that night. We're gonna decorate, have red, white and blue snacks and desserts, and watch the TV. Brooke is really into politics lately and I think itll be fun!

-Our shows! Even though they are later than usual, our shows are starting to come back! This is Us just came back on, and Grey's Anatomy, The Good Dr, Station 19, Mom, and American Housewife are back very soon! I'll turn into a tv junkie again very soon ;) 

-Decorating for Christmas!! I cannot WAIT! I am trying to give a little time to put up my *very few* turkey/thanksgiving decorations before I go nuts.

-Thanksgiving!!! Cannot wait for all the yummy food my mom always cooks!

-Family Pictures!! We are having our first professional family pictures after several years. I can't wait to frame a new one for our house, and to use them for our Christmas cards! 

No comments:

Post a Comment