Monday, October 5, 2020

Recent Finds from Amazon, Thrifting & Misc.


 I ordered these chalk markers off Amazon. We have a chalkboard sign in our kitchen that we change out for different seasons and occasions, and a menu board I write on, so I thought it would be fun to get some more colors for those boards :) 




Here is our menu board.. this week I was using green




I ordered this off Jane.com, but its awesome! It is a notebook you fill out every day, of things you are grateful for, and good things that happened. Even if you have a rough day, there is some good in EVERY day, even if its something small, and its good to remember those things. Its also nice to look back on for memories and to give you a pick me up when you need it. 




Here is an example of the inside. You can write things in each day, there is plenty of space. Im not really sure what the little box is for, but I draw a little picture in it every time, haha. There is a space to write words of the week, which I always pick a bible verse and put it there. There is also a place each week to either write down 3 people or experiences you are grateful for, and ideas for Random acts of kindness you may do. In the front of the book theres a few pages of stickers to add if you feel like it. And a band that holds your place! I love it... I recommend one for all my friends. They sell gratitude journals just about everywhere these days. 




I found this little devotion book for moms.. and I love reading one every morning. I usually read devotions on my phone on the Bible app, but I still prefer having a real book, so when I saw it, I got it! And I found it at a THRIFT STORE, so it was CHEAP! Gotta love that even more, right?!






I change out the little garden flag for our yard every season/holiday. I have a pumpkin one up right now. I realized I didn't have a Thanksgiving one, so I found this cute one with a turkey! 



I am a sucker for the Bath and Body works wallflower plug ins.. I use them in several rooms in our house. But when I saw this cute little snowman set on Amazon, I had to get it. It was a Subscribe and Save item, so I got it even cheaper. It comes with the plugin and 2 scented plugins. Itll be good somewhere in the house when it gets closer to Christmas. 





I have seen everyone on social media talking about these blue light blocking glasses. They are supposed to help your eyes when you are spending time on your phone, laptop, etc. I saw some cute leopard ones on a daily deal the other day, so decided to try them. I have not tried them yet, but I hope they work! They are supposed to help with eye strain and glare and all that. 




This dog bowl set was also on a daily deal one day so I got it for Sheldon! He was using two separate bowls and one was too big for him, he was always knocking it down. This holder thing holds the bowls in place, and has a little curved area underneath that catches spills. I really love that. Sheldon hated it at first, and he actually tried to knock it over, haha! But he has gotten used to it. The bowls are kindof small, so I have to fill them up more often, but I love it otherwise. 


I like getting seasonal cookie cutters. I use them not only for cookies, but also to press shapes into sandwiches for lunches, and stuff like that. I didn't have a Christmas set yet, so now I do! These metal kinds are way easier to cut into things. 





Our Cat, Max, needed a new collar. I got this one off Amazon. The orange and gray plaid is perfect for Fall! He looks so cute in it.. I love the little bowtie. The same site has Christmas and other colors, too!



This I actually got at Walmart. It is a "bento" box for Rachels lunchbox. Rachel is a picky eater and she likes to take her lunch to school. These boxes are the best.. in there is a big square space for a sandwich. Then some removable trays to put stuff on, and I little removable cup with lid to put something in, like sauces or whatever. There is a big bottom area to place an ice pack to keep it all cold. I normally put grapes or similar in the little cup. And the small tray is perfect for some cut up strawberries, a babybell cheese, or a little dessert treat ;) These are only $9.99.. much cheaper than a lot online! 



I wanted something to hold all my pens and chalk markers in the kitchen, and I saw this adorable Llama mug at Walmart. They have several designs and animals, actually. I dont drink coffee, so using it as a pen holder was the perfect excuse to get it! ;) And their mugs are under $5!! 





I had to share my latest thrifting find! I found this adorable penguin cookie jar, and this soup/candy bowl with a little bear on it. I just love getting holiday and decorative things for cheap! I already have these stashed away with my Christmas stuff. Arnold says I have quite the problem, haha! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment