Wednesday, November 25, 2020

What I'm Loving Wednesday!

 What we've been Watching 


This popped up on Netflix the other night, and I wasn't feeling the best, so Arnold took one for the team and suggested we watch the movie to cheer me up. Oh it was a musical all right! It was so incredibly corny. And yet I still enjoyed it, and still teared up at the end! :)




I heard everyone talking about this movie and that it was good, so we watched one day when the kids were in school. Its really funny, but a little crude sometimes. 





This guy they call Mr Christmas goes to people's homes at decorates like CRAZY for the holidays. It is like Christmas threw up in there. I wish I was one of the people on the show, because he comes out and makes your house look beautiful, AND the show pays for it all. Amazing. He also throws helpful hints in and DIY projects you can try on your own. 





We tried out the Christmas version of Sugar Rush. A few teams compete to make Christmas themed cupcakes, cookies, and cakes. I do not enjoy baking myself, but I love to watch other people do it! I especially like watching them put all the details into the cakes! It always makes me want some cake ;) There was some girls on there from NC but they got voted out first round :(





What I've been Reading 


I bought this on a whim.. I'd been seeing it advertised everywhere. Matthew McConaughey wrote a book about his life! It was pretty interesting reading about his childhood, his backstory, how he got into acting, how some of his famous phrases came to be (alright, alright, alright!) He writes poetry and jots down things in notebooks for fun, so he shared some of that in the book. I never knew he was so smart! His writing is beautiful and he made very well in school. 






This was one of the choices in my Book of the Month Club so I picked it, and it was pretty good. A cute little story about a guy and girl in the same town both born on New Years and years later they meet... and im sure you know where that heads. But anyway, it was cute! 









What we've been Listening To


Yes I broke out the Christmas music! I love Penatonix soooo much! I especially love their verion of Go Tell it on the Mountain. Makes me so happy! 





Trans-Siberian Orchestra will always be at the top of my list of favorite Christmas music! I've been to a few of their concerts. They are AMAZING and SO talented! Arnold has actually been practicing one of their songs to play at church this year! 








What we've been Eating


We went to a nearby town last weekend to go to a Christmas parade.. and we stopped in to eat at the Blue Moon. We hadn't been in a long time. I love their homemade chips! 



This Rudolph Trail mix from Target is AMAZING!! It has chocolate covered cereal, muddy buddy type pieces, m&ms, mini reese cups... basically an explosion of chocolate. Its a little pricey but SO worth it if you like that kind of thing! 










What we've been Buying

I have a bit of a problem with buying cat toys! Since I don't get to buy toys for my kids anymore, I feel like I spoil our cat, haha. I like getting him the themed toys they come out with at holidays. I just got him some snowmen the other day. He likes to push and chase them around the room and often loses them under all our couches! 




Yes I had to bling Sheldon out for Christmas! Got this adorable gingerbread man collar on Amazon. It even has a little green bell on it. LOVE SO MUCH. Poor Sheldon. I also got him a Christmas sweater to wear! 





When I saw that they had PIONEER WOMAN Thanksgiving plates, I had to get them! I told mom id bring them to her house when we eat ;) 





Arnold and I recently bought a new dining set! We have been using an old, used, wobbly table for years now! We knew it was about time. We went to Ashley furniture and got a deal for Black Friday. Although.. it was still pretty dang expensive! But Im so excited. Its like our family Christmas gift this year. Unfortunately due to Christmas being close, they are experiencing delays, and our table isnt scheduled to be delivered until around December 22. So I wont get to decorate it before Christmas. But its ok, I look forward to inviting some people over to eat when we have it! 





Yes, Pioneer Woman came out with TRASHCANS! I had been wanting one forever.. and the other day I noticed they went on sale. I messaged Arnold right away and he said GET IT! They had a few color options, but I got her original teal/red combo since that really reminds me of her style. My dad made a TON of fun of me for caring about a trashcan. But it is pretty and makes me happy so why not?! 





What we've been Working On

Arnold has an old chest he used to have for storage in his bedroom as a kid. It was very beaten up, scratched, and looking rough. While on Pinterest one day, I got the bright idea to repaint it, and use it as our TV stand! Arnold let me pick the color, and my favorite color is GREEN, so I went with that! I found the most perfect shade of "Kelley Green" at Lowe's and it definitely is BRIGHT but it makes me so happy! Arnold and I worked together sanding it and painting it, and it was a fun little project. 



Here it is with the TV on it! May seen tacky to some, but I like bright colors. I have a blue living room, and a purple bedroom! The colors make me happy, and that's what matters! :) 




Decorating for Christmas of course! I took a whole day when the kids were in school and did everything! It took a long time but I love the end result! Every night we turn on all our light up stuff and it makes me so happy! We don't have our tree yet, since we're getting a live one, but we will get it Saturday! 









What I've been Wearing 

My very talented friend Rosie makes all kinds of things, and she made me these cute Christmas earrings! I have already worn the trees pair, and I plan to wear the santa pair with my leopard shirt on Thanksgiving! 




Snowman PJ Pants from Old Navy! I love Old Navy PJ pants, they fit perfectly, they come in tons of cute prints, and I always get them when they have a good sale. I think I have 5 Christmas prints... lol. 




My GOOD VIBES shirt I got on Amazon! With GREEN in it of course! 




Its been an unusually warm Fall this year (not that im complaining!) But it just recently started getting chillier, so I've been breaking out and wearing all the sweaters!! 








What we're looking forward to next Month

Alllll the Christmas things!! So ready to have our tree up and looking pretty all month in the living room. Looking forward to celebrating with family and friends. Of course snuggles with baby Roman again! And celebrating one of my BFFs birthdays, she's a Christmas Eve baby! Oh and our new DINING SET finally being delivered and set up! Its going to be an awesome month!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment