Monday, January 5, 2015

A look ahead at 2015!

I decided to call them Goals instead of Resolutions this year. Sounds a little better to me. These are the things I am wanting to accomplish or work on this coming year.



1. Read my Bible more and do a devotional with the kids every night before bed. We sporadically did devotionals with the kids last year and I think we all enjoyed it. The kids learned a lot and have been asking a lot of questions. I picked up a Family Devotional book the other day at the Lifeway Christian Bookstore, and hope to start it this week.


2. Have a successful 2nd Semester in college. My first one went pretty well, and I am very encouraged to keep going. It helped to have that support and motivation the first semester to get me pumped about going back. Classes start in just a few days and I'm hoping everything works out.


3. Drink more water. I say it all the time, but keep slipping back. When I actually drink a lot of water during the day I feel 100x better. I would love to ultimately make it to all water and no more soda, but everytime I try to go off it I get terrible headaches.


4. More one-on-one time with the kids. The kids need to spend time with their Mom and Dad alone every once in awhile. It is great for talking and bonding. Brooke and I had a mama/daughter date last month and it was so much fun. I realized I need to do that more often with the kids. It is a great way to make memories with your kids and show them they are special.


5. Try out more recipes. Most of you know I don't enjoy cooking-- wish I did, but I don't. I stick to pretty simple things. I would like to branch out and try more things, though. Arnold and I made homemade chilli together this fall and I loved it and I think I want to try more things. Time to put all the Pinterest pins into use for once ;)


6. Volunteer in the kids' classes. I haven't been the greatest at this. I don't mind sending in things or going on field trips but I'm not sure exactly what I could do in their classrooms? I am sort of a shy person anyway. I know I am supposed to be heading up the Easter party for Rachel's class this year, so that will be fun.


7. Plan more dates with Arnold. It is so, so hard to get away by ourselves with 3 kids. We used to do it a lot more. But lately things have just been so busy that we either don't have the time, energy, or money. But I know one-on-one time with your spouse is important. I've seen it first hand because when we just go about our daily routines and never do anything special, we start to feel more like roommates. And that is not how a couple should be! Even if it is something simple like a movie and takeout after the kids are in bed, we need to plan several dates this year. It needs to be a priority!


8. Be more organized. I say this every year also. I wish I was a natural at this, like my BFF Erika ;) She always seems to know what to do. Specifically I want to be more organized with my planning, dates, school stuff, etc. I am always losing important papers, forgetting dates to do things, etc. Arnold bought me a new planner and I am going to have to fill it out and make sure to keep it with me! I guess I also need some sort of filing system for the stuff the kids bring home from school (note-- it is A LOT OF STUFF!!!!)


9. Read more for fun. I used to do that all the time. But since starting school I don't have as much time anymore. But I still want to make it a priority, because it is something I enjoy doing, a hobby, and it is important to me. I can always pick up a good book instead of spending so much time on facebook ;)


10. Get back to the gym. I have a membership but I have been bad at going. I need to get my butt back in there. Because everyone knows you feel better after a workout. Plus, I have weight to lose. I don't even want to think about the number right now, but I definitely have some work to do.








A few things I am looking forward to in the year 2015.....



~Mine & Arnold's 9-year anniversary. This month we are celebrating 9 years or marriage. Woah. Next year will be a whole decade of being Mrs. Deal (that sounds like a book title.. or blog title... or something...) Arnold has to work on the actual day of our anniversary.. they have customers in then. We don't even know our plans of what we are doing to celebrate this year! I'm sure we will figure out it out though (ahem, I will.. because Arnold isn't much of a planner!!)


~My 30th Birthday Bash. I am not so thrilled about actually turning 30. It is taking a while to really sink in that in less than 6 months I will actually be 30. 30... 30... it still sounds strange saying! But you better bet I will be having a huge bash to celebrate... it is ME, right??? I already have plans in the works. Yes, I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to ideas. An 80s/90s theme is in the works and it will be awesome!!


~My new niece being born!!! She is due towards the end of April. I cannot wait to see her sweet face and see who she looks like, and know what her name is going to be (hint hint Ariel! ;) I can't wait to travel down to Florida with my family and get to meet her when she is finally here. I hate long trips but I would travel hours and hours to meet that sweet girl! (and I will have to.... I think it takes like 10 hrs to get to where they live, sheesh!!) But anyway, in the meantime I will have to busy myself with buying cute girly things again ;)


~Visit the new American Girl store in Charlotte. I have been dying to do this ever since it opened. Brooke is now dying to go ever since I mentioned it to her. She got her very first AG doll for Christmas and now she is more into the dolls and the hype, I think. Rachel and I leafed through the new catalog when it came in the mail the other day. I have never been to an actual store, even though I had several of the dolls growing up. It is a little girl's dream! Ok, ok, it's an adult girls' dream also ;) They have all sorts of neat stuff to do there, look at, and buy. We will just have to set up a budget because everyone knows that stuff ain't cheap! (that hurt writing ain't right there, but it just seemed appropriate ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment