Wednesday, January 13, 2016

What I'm Loving Wednesday!



Rachel got her some new boots!! I don't know what it is about my girls and shoes but they are ROUGH on shoes! They both walk on the sides of their feet alot and mess up the sides and scuff up the ends and Brooke rips the dang bottoms off of hers sometimes. But anyway, they were needing some new boots. Brooke got some too but I didn't get a pic. Caleb seems to be a lot better on his shoes!! 





Our sweet Brooke got her braces finally! They are just on the top teeth, thankfully. I got to sit back there with her and watch them put them on. It was a lot more fun being on that side now.. can't believe I was there in that same office getting mine on around 18 years ago! Brooke was brave and did really well. We had the sweetest lady who explained everything to her and made her less nervous. On top of the braces she has to wear a headgear every night while at home and asleep.. to the tune of 12-14 hours! That has been rough already! They are trying to slow down her upper jaw growing forwards so quickly.. it is already jutting out and she has a horrible open bite and everything is misaligned. I hope this all helps it significantly. Right now at night it's a hassle because Brooke is having a hard time learning to put it in herself and we have to do it for her. She also has been sore for awhile and it's rough seeing her in pain.. I remember that all too well! But I hope in the end we have a fixed mouth and an (even more) beautiful smile! 





Caleb came home with Citizen of the Month award the other day! I am just proud of him!! He is really knocking 3rd grade out of the park! His last two spelling tests he made 103 on. He has been working hard and doing all his work without me even asking. I can tell he is going to be the one having an easy time in school. I wish it came easier to Brooke. Although I AM SO PROUD of her that she jumped a whole grade level in reading.. they tested her the other day. And she has been having a good start back to school... listening and doing well with her classwork. I am proud of her determination even though things aren't always that easy for he! 






We have been having a rough couple of weeks. I won't go into details and complain.. but the other morning Arnold stopped by the grocery store to get something and they were going through some flowers about to throw them out and they handed this beautiful bouquet to Arnold and said he could take them home for free! I sat them in some water and they are still looking beautiful even though they were deemed unfit for sale! I love all the bright colors and they make me smile! Such a small thing but it really did brighten my day!






I am about 2/3 of the way done with this book and it is awesome! I already read Hands Free Mama. These books are really great at making you look at things in a different way. Especially about the way you spend your time. We really don't have that much time with our kids, in the grand scheme of things. You have to make the moments count. I myself am very guilty of saying "not now" or being on my phone, when instead I should be savoring the moment more often. 






We had quite a packed house at church this past Sunday. Kids everywhere and all over me and trying to jump on me all at once. But i love it ;) And I will say it again-- I am thankful for my helpers and my sweet hubby who jumps in to help every time someone has to be out!! 






We watched our Caleb play in his basketball game this past Saturday and they won! Go Kings!! The girls especially had fun because this week Daddy bought them biscuits and gatorade and hot chocolate while we were watching (that is what Rachel has all over her face!) My parents didn't get to come to this game but they invited us out to lunch afterwards at Mellow Mushroom, which was a blast! Caleb is really improving on his game and I am so proud of him for trying this out even though at first he really didn't want to! 






Ok, we finally jumped on the bandwagon and started this series. Actually we've already watched 8 episodes! The first night Arnold made me watch 4 episodes back to back and we were up until 2 am! I can't remember the last time I was up that late (I am lame!!) We were sucked in just like everyone else. I thought I wouldn't be able to handle it because I hate creepy things and they upset me but I am just as intrigued as everyone else! I just can't figure it out! I keep changing my mind 100 times and then again when I read more things online! Arnold told me that recent news said Steven gets a new trial soon? Anyone else hear that??





Charlie is growing like a weed! And still trying to chew up everything in sight, which is a pain! But our nights are easier now. He snuggles in my bed under the blanket just like Sheldon! 







I saw this on facebook the other day and loved it! It is so very true! I truly believe that being a Mom and Wife are so very important! I mean you are shaping your kids' lives! You are the most important person in the world to them! It is actually scary to think of all the responsibility I have! But all I can do is try my best and ask God to guide me in the journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment