Tuesday, June 5, 2018

What We've Been Up To: Spring Edition


Arnold and I celebrated our 12 year anniversary back in January! 





Caleb got to take his special trip with mom and dad! When the kids turn 10, my parents take the kids on a special trip to celebrate. Caleb got to go on his first plane ride. They went to Kansas City. He went to Lego Land and went swimming and did other fun things, just him and my parents. 






Kim and I dressed up as Pete the Cat for book character week at the preschool! I just love her, she has become a great friend to me. The long days are more bearable with her around! ;)








This Spring we went on a big family trip to Florida! My parents gifted us a week down there with their timeshare. Easter Sunday we went to Cocoa Beach and it was INSANELY packed, but we figured that it might be with Spring break. Our view outside our condo was gorgeous, I loved all the palm trees. And their was an all-night pool that the kids loved swimming at. They even made some friends while there that week! And while there we went to DISNEY WORLD! We visited the Magic Kingdom. Id like to say it was a magical time, but with the crowds, waits in line, outrageous pricing on food and the heat, we were pretty tired by that afternoon and ready to go back to the condo. But all in all the trip was wonderful and we made some great memories together. 









After waiting 12 years, we finally were able to look for new floors for our house! Arnold and I went and picked out what we liked at Lowes and bought it. Arnold ripped up all the carpet in the living room and hallway, and him and his dad put the floors down. It took way longer and was way harder than we had imagined, but the floors look great! We also have plans to do the kitchen but it may be awhile after seeing what it took to do the living room/hall! Poor Arnold has been so sore and tired! He's used to working at a desk all day, he says he about died doing all that manual labor, ha! I will take pics when we have everything finished. I am saving up for a new couch and a couple new pieces of furniture to make the living room complete! 







Arnold's company he works for had a big family day! They had games set up for the kids to play, prizes to win, the Science Center came and did demonstrations, they had snocones and popcorn, and they catered in BBQ for lunch. We had a great time. They did tours of their new building also, and the kids and i got to go look around the place. Arnold was proud of showing us where we works every day ;)






Another big thing we did recently was BUY A NEW CAR!! I had originally wanted a Nissan, but we found a Toyota Corolla that I really liked. I had wanted a black or blue car, and something that was nice with newer features inside. I have a backup camera (which im having to get used to!) and bluetooth and I can listen to any music I have on my phone, which I love! I really love the car so far and am glad to have given up the minivan after driving it since Caleb was a baby! As a matter of fact, I spilled tea on the floor the week before we got the car and I was like oh well! Not even worried! haha. 






Brooke had her first trip ever to Carowinds! She went with her 6th grade class. She is our fearless child and will try anything. She even rode the Fury. She sent me this picture through text. 





We also had Brooke's spring band concert to attend. The band did a great job and they have really improved since Christmas.They even played the Star Wars theme! Brooke has really loved playing trumpet this year and has talent, and I hope she sticks with it and does marching band one day like I did! 






Sadly I have to mention that our sweet chiweenie Charlie, passed away. He was only 2 years old. He had an accident and sadly he did not make it. I plan to write a blog soon honoring his memory and sharing some pictures of him. We miss you so much buddy!! 






The kids just finished up their EOGs! This was Rachel's first year of taking them, and apparently shes a natural! She made a 4 on both math and reading! I was so proud of her! 







We attended Arnold's "niece's" graduation party! I can't believe its already time for her to graduate! She was so little when Arnold and I got married! Anyway, I don't wear dresses a lot so I decided to go out and buy one for that occasion. I actually ended up loving it... wore it and curled my hair and everything. I even took a pic and sent it to my mom since I knew she'd be happy I had made an effort, haha! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment