Thursday, January 31, 2019

2019 Resolutions & Goals


1. Find a church home and get involved
We are in the process of this right now. We have found a church we really like, and we actually know a lot of people that go there. We have been between churches for awhile and I hate to admit it, but we didn't attend church as much as I would have liked this past year. We are ready to change that. At this new church, Arnold has already gotten involved with the praise band and will play some sundays. I will probably end up helping in the children's ministry, because let's be honest, that's what I'm good at ;) Arnold and I also plan to join a small group, and we want Brooke involved with the youth group.

2. Go on a date every month with Arnold
Arnold and I are already pretty good about going out on dates once a month. It really is important to spend one-on-one time with your spouse if you can. Even if it's to do something simple. Thankfully our parents live close by, so they have always helped out with the kids. I know it's hard when you don't have family nearby to babysit. I think our March date will be to go see the new Madea movie.. I can't wait!

3. Get more organized.
I'm ready to Marie Kondo the heck out of this house. I read her book a long time ago and loved it, but I never really did any of her steps. Now the Netflix show is a big hit, and I'm watching it. It's giving me the itch to be organized. I have always been horrible at being organized. I did clean out a few of Rachel's drawers the other day, got rid of some old clothes, and neatly folded her things. I found out two things-- I love being able to see everything when it's all neatly stacked in the drawer. And that girl has WAY too many pairs of pajamas. I'm ashamed to even write the number I counted. Arnold says I have a problem.

4. Read 75 books. 
I am already on my 9th book for this month. But that is not the norm. I usually read a little less than that a month. I spend way too much time on social media and my phone than I should. I could be spending that time reading. I help out at work with toddler naptime, and IF they all go to sleep that day, I get to read for awhile, which is awesome. Anyway, I am going to make my goal 75 books this year... we will see if that really happens. I need to still blog about my book review for everything I read last year.

5. Get my anxiety under control.
Yes most of you know I have *horrible* anxiety and have since I was a kid. I have learned to manage it a little better over the past few years, but I am going through a rough patch lately. I have been dealing with some things, seeing a therapist sometimes and adjusting some things with my medicine. I'm not ashamed to say these things, either. So many people suffer with mental issues and it's nothing to be ashamed of. I actually probably will blog sometime about my struggles with it. I know I am not alone!

6. Do family and couple devotions.
We used to be pretty good about doing devotions with the kids every night before bed, since we were reading books to them anyway. We've slacked off some but I want to get back into the habit. Especially now that the kids are getting older, dealing with new issues and things, and I want them to have a solid faith and positive home life so hopefully they make good decisions when they aren't with us. Arnold said he wants us to start some couple devotions, too. We've never done those together, but I think it'd be fun!

7. Write more blogs.
I love to write. Always have. Even if it's something simple and I know noone will ever read it. I have enjoyed blogging for the past 10 years. I use it as a way to remember things we did, kindof like a family journal. And sometimes I use it for theraputic purposes.. it always makes me feel better to write things out. I used to blgo a lot more when I was a stay-at-home mom, but since I started working I've slacked off. I want to start again though, so I'm going to try my best.

8. Be a better friend.
One of the things I pride myself in is being a good and loyal friend. When I become friends with someone, I am there... to have fun, listen, spend time, and whatever you need. I keep secrets, plan fun things to do together, and pick out special gifts, even just because gifts. Anyway--- I feel like this past year or two, starting to work so much and also dealing with some anxiety, I haven't been the greatest friend. And to those of you out there reading this that I know are my good friends-- I need to say I'm sorry. If I haven't messaged enough... asked enough about how you are doing... planned enough girls nights... I really do care and you guys mean the world to me. I plan to be better this year. Starting with a fun GNO in February! ;)

9. Be more active.
At the end of the day I'm just plain exhausted. I don't want to do much but sit around and rest. But I know that getting outside and walking is for the best, and I plan to do that more as a family this year. Ok maybe not RIGHT NOW when it's freezing cold, but at least soon... as it gets towards Spring time ;)

10. Make me a dental and yearly dr appointment. 
As I am a naturally anxious person, I'm sure you can understand that I absolutely HATE GOING TO THE DENTIST AND THE DOCTOR. Hate it with a passion. I get nervous, I get embarassed, I just hate everything about it. Luckily I have been blessed with not a SINGLE CAVITY my whole life. How that is possible, I don't know. BUT, I do know that I still need to go to the dentist more often, and go get those dreaded woman checks we are supposed to have. I'm behind on both, so I need to just bite the bullet and call and schedule these appointments. I know I'll hate it, but I know my body/teeth will thank me!

No comments:

Post a Comment