Sunday, January 6, 2019

December and Christmas 2018!


Early in the month of December we got some snow!! We don't get a lot of snow in NC, so it's always a big deal around here. We also got WAY more than we usually get, around 12-14 inches in our area. The kids and I aren't huge on the snow, so we took a few pictures and mostly stayed inside. But it did make the backyard look beautiful! I got a day off of work from it, so that was nice! And the kids got practically a whole week off. Our town practically shuts down when there's snow, no one knows how to handle it ;) We were so lucky we didn't lose power though, so many of our friends and family did! 





The month of December we made a lot of weekend shopping trips to buy presents! Rachel went with me most of the times, and we always had to stop by to get some treats. Sometimes it was hot chocolate from Starbucks! 





We went to see the new Grinch movie and it was so cute! And yes I really do have more than one child. but Rachel is the only one who lets me still take a lot of pictures of her! The other two are grumpy preteens these days. 





One of Rachel's favorite things to do is draw. She decided to draw some pretty Christmas themed pictures, and gave some to me and Arnold. Arnold took his to work and taped them up outside his cubicle, I thought that was really sweet. And Rachel felt proud ;) 





We did our week of Secret Santa at work. My friend Scottie had my name. I wasn't sure who mine was, but halfway through the week I started getting suspicious because of how she was always interested in what I had gotten that day ;) The first day she got me some cute owl ornaments! I collect owl stuff, so that was perfect. The next day she got me some butterfingers and funyuns, so it was a nice snack that afternoon at work. Wednesday she got me a big pack of diet cokes. Which Arnold and the kids stole from me! Thursday she got me some body sprays and cute fuzzy socks. And on the last day which was the big gift, she got me a Chick Fila giftcard, and some monogram earrings, all in a CUTE pineapple basket filled with chocolates! She did GREAT and I am thankful for all my stuff!!! :) 





This year we had planned to go to the mountains to pick out a Christmas tree, but we never made it. So we bought one down the road at Foodlion. Sometimes they have good, full trees, but this year it was a dud! I told Arnold how ugly it was, and I seriously wanted to cry because it was skinny, had bare spots, and a few branches even broke right off. But we made do with it and I learned my lesson-- next year we WILL be headed to get mountains to get a good tree! ;) 






Brooke had moved up to WOMENS size clothes! I can't believe it. At Old Navy they had some really pretty shirts I thought would be nice to wear to Christmas events, and when she saw mine she liked it. So I offered to get her the same one. I figured she'd say that was lame because we'd be matching, but to my surprise she loved it! We had to take a matching picture! Aren't we cute sisters?! ;) I always joke that I hope I age well so one day maybe people would mistake us for sisters ;) I'll only be 38 when she graduates!!!!





We had a wonderful time at Arnold's cousin's annual Christmas party. So much of Arnold's family comes over to her house and we have a big meal and it's a lot of fun. This year Beth made homemade lasanga and it was delicious! Rachel picked out the most adorable dress this year to wear, and she looked like a little candy cane! Everywhere we went people commented on how cute she was. I will miss it so much when she doesn't dress "cutesy" anymore! Anyway, I think we all looked pretty good.. even Arnie wore a tie! ;) The kids got some sweet presents, and racked up on some cash to pick some stuff out at the store, which they love doing! 






Max thought he would be my helper this year when I was wrapping gifts! Everytime id get started on one, hed come running and jump onto the paper and sit there. I had to end up putting him in the bedroom so I could finish! I started wrapping the presents and Arnold finished the ends, which I hate to do! 





Christmas morning was so much fun... we had picked out a lot of fun gifts for the kids this year. Not pictured is Brooke, who got a new cellphone. She was on cloud 9. I got a video of her opening it up. Arnold and I braved the black friday crowds to get a great deal on that phone, so I told her shed better take good care of it! She DID use her own money to buy a nice case for it, so that made me happy!!

Rachel still loves dolls and toys, which I love. This year might be the last year of buying stuff like that, so I MIGHT have went a little overboard! She ended up with a few new dolls, a Hatchimal, LOL dolls, a Fingerling panda, and all kinds of the "trendy" toys right now. One thing I got her, she was surprised she got and said she didn't even know what it was. I told her well you circled it in the toy catalog! And she said she basically circled everything! Oops! Oh well, it was fun. Arnold is just frustrated with all the little pieces around the house from all her playsets, so we have to get them organized! 





Caleb mostly wanted Xbox stuff, like games and a new controller. He also got some new Cuddleduds sheets for his bed (the SOFTEST!!) and a few other things, and of course, NEW BOOKS! He actually likes to read like I do. The girls do not really care for it :(





Arnold and I said we weren't going to exchange gifts this year, but of course he surprised me with a few things! He even wrapped them up and stuck them in my stocking.. he is so sweet. He got me a matching necklace and earrings which were a greenish stone, my favorite color! They are so pretty. And some penguin fuzzy socks. AND a 2lb Reeses pack! Those reese cups were HUGE and I couldn't finish even one in a sitting.. I felt sick after all the peanut butter. But I loved everything he got, he is so thoughful! 





Later on Christmas day we went to mom and dads house for lunch and presents. Brooke and Caleb got new hoodies. Rachel got more LOL doll stuff. I got new leggings and a Barnes and Noble gift card (Ive already bought 2 new books with it!!) I got my mom some Soma pjs, a photo calandar of the kids from this past year, and a book called Letters to Mom that I filled out for her. She said she has already read it several times and just loves it. It is filled with memories and inside jokes and everything.. I think my dad was a little jealous! I'll have to buy the Letters to Dad version for him for Fathers Day! Anyway, if you need a sentimental gift for someone, check them out on Amazon! They have versions for all family members, and teachers and friend, etc! 





Rachel recently got a new shirt that said Me plus Dad equals Awesome Squad and that is what she wanted to wear, even though it wasnt Christmas themed at all! She wanted to take a picture with her Daddy, and I guess they think they are all that ;) 




Mom of course made her FAMOUS HOMEMADE LASANGA for Christmas lunch! There is nothing btter in the world! Dad picks on me for taking so many pictures for Facebook and my blog.. he says no one cares what we are eating!! So I take a picture of her cooking at every holiday now as a joke ;) 




Later on that afternoon we went to my Grandpas house to visit for awhile, and then that night we didn't have anything to do, we decided to go out for dinner. Theres not a lot open on Christmas day, and NY Hibachi Grill was too crowded so we ended up at the Hickory Station. I had never been there before. Its not really kid friendly, but it was ok. I loved the shrimp and grits that I ordered, it was delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment