Saturday, December 28, 2019

Christmas 2019!

We had a GREAT month of December, celebrating Christmas and time with family and friends :)







We decorated our christmas tree. We got a live one this year. 





Rachels school had tacky christmas sweater day so we went and got her one to wear. It lasted one wash after that and all the bells and glitter came off, haha. 





One of my thoughtful baby's parents got the infant teachers these necklaces for christmas! so sweet. all the parents were very thoughtful and spoiled us with snacks and gifts all week before christmas break. 






Every year on the weekend or so before christmas, my BFF and I go out to eat and exchange gifts, to celebrate christmas and her birthday, which is on christmas eve! This year we went to lunch at El Paso. Then she made me go shopping in crowds and wait on her in a mile long starbucks line! lol just picking.. I had a lot of fun. 





The monday before Christmas we took the kids to the movies to see the new Jumanji film. It was really good! pretty funny. Inappropriate in a few places but nothing drastic. 





Arnold got to play with the worship team at our church at the candlelight service! I was so proud of him. He has practiced that music for months. They played some hard music, including Trans-Siberian Orchestra! I was really proud of him. Apparently so was Brooke.. she took lots of pics and videos of him..haha. She says shes his biggest fan ;) A lot of our family came out to support Arnold too, which was really sweet. 





We took this family pic that night! Yes I planned us all wearing red! Yes I am a dork! Yes my whole family is used to it by now! ;) 





The candlelight service was beautiful! I hate Arnie didn't get to sit with us! 





They were actually sweet to each other on Christmas Eve at their grandparents house! They gave the kids money to go spend and they had a blast. Ive never seen someone spend money as fast as Rachel did! haha! 





My brother and his new wife came in from Charleston for a few days! We all went to candlelight service at my parents church, the same church Arnold and I got married in! Then we came back home and ate dinner and played a game as a family! It was so much fun-- I hope we didn't scare Christina off,haha! 





Arnold and I got new furniture for the living room recently, so that was basically our christmas gift to each other, but i bought a few little things for him to open. Had to include a flannel shirt in there and a guitar calendar for his work desk! 





Caleb got an iphone this year! He said it was about time lol. Thank goodness for a deal through verizon because we now have 5 people on the phone plan and its expppeeensive!! And yes hes wearing a hooded blanket. He asked for it for christmas :p





Brooke and I got semi-matching pj pants to wear on Christmas. And Rachel got new pjs with christmas elves on them. Probably the last year shell let me dress her in cutesy stuff! :P





I ordered my mom this pillow online personalized with all her grandkids names and birthdays! I think she really loved it. Her and dad got us some awesome gifts including new sheets, cookware, a family game, some giftcards, etc. 





Mom got a Christmas cake at Publix and we put candles on it and sang happy birthday Jesus on Christmas eve. Alex's new wife had this tradition with her family so mom wanted her to feel special and welcome at their house this year. I loved the idea! 





Brooke begged us to let her take a photoshoot downtown with the cute decorations. this is just one of the pics. She let her little sis join in on some of the pics ;) 





Poor Arnold was passed out on the evening after Christmas! We really did have a busy and fun time this year. Arnold had  alot of PTO time left at work and he got to take off over 2 weeks for Christmas! My new job gave us a week off and I was SO THANKFUL! I've never really had much time off with family in previous jobs. My break FLEW by of course but I had a great time with my family :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment