Wednesday, September 30, 2020

What's Up Wednesday!

 What I'm Reminiscing about 


Arnold and I meeting! We met exactly 15 years ago, in Sept of 2005. We were on yahoo personals, and online dating was still so taboo back then. My dad was so mad at me, saying It was dangerous to go out with a guy I met online. But things turned out for the best, and as you all know, Arnold is far from dangerous, lol! He is so sweet! And YES he really had hair that long back then. He was going for a rockstar musician look I guess, lol! He cut it 2 months after we met, after he kept getting called "maam" when we went into stores! It really was pretty hair, though ;)




What I've been working on


I bought some little shelves on amazon and Arnold hung them up for me. Just another way to add even MORE holiday decor to the house, right?! 



We planned everything out for a gallery wall in the living room, now we just have to get all the things hung. A mix of framed photos, prints I ordered, and decorative items. 



We decorated for Fall, of course! I love all the little touches throughout the house. I had no idea I had so much stuff until I really started looking at it. I got a few new things this year, like this monogram pumpkin that lights up! It looks so pretty at night! 






What I'm Cooking

Most of you know I am not a great cook, and I hate it. But I have started cooking a lot more lately, which I'm sure Arnold loves!!! I can read and follow a recipe really well, so as long as I have the instructions right there and follow them closely, I can cook a decent meal. Some of the things I've tried lately are maple bourbon porkchops, parmesan pepper potatoes, and baked ziti. I plan to try creamy chicken enchiladas next! I have actually gotten compliments from the kids-- and everyone knows kids are brutally honest.. so I guess im doing ok! :) 







What I'm Wearing 

Ive bought several sets of the Colorstreet nail packs from Jess.. and even though my darn fingernails are so short and messed up, I applied some of them to my toes with some of my new fall colors! I love the dark purple with the sparkly gold accent nails! 



Its actually been dropping into the 60s here lately, so I pulled out the long sleeves and boots! I got a cute new pair of olive green booties this year! And some Sperry duck boots. 




What I'm Reading


I read this book about The Office, which is one of the greatest shows ever made!! If you are a fan, its a great read. It goes way more into detail about how they chose the cast members for the show, little quirks about them, more details about the big episodes, and how they wrote the stories. 



I've already mentioned it several times, but I also read this book, The Powerful Purpose of Introverts, by Holly Gerth. It is so amazing! It talks about what makes some people introverts, how our "weaknesses" can actually be strengths, and how to overcome challenges. I wrote to the author on Instagram and thanked her for writing such a great book, and she wrote back! I have already ordered another book she has written, because I love her writing style. 





What I'm Watching

Arnold and I started watching the show Filthy Rich on hulu on a whim. But it is full of drama, and very addictive. There are only 3 episodes available so far, so Im anxiously awaiting the next one to drop! The only thing I dont like are that I feel like sometimes they portray Christians in a bad light. We are not all crazy! Geez. Also, yes the main guy is the Dr on This is Us. And yes, he plays a not nice guy :( 




I am NOT good at organizing at all, but when I saw The Home Edit show on Netflix, I just had to watch. They organize celebreties and normal familes homes. I was mesmerized. I wish it came that naturally to  me! I especially love when they organize by colors. I tried that with my books and it made me so happy! The girls on the show are kindof crazy and loud, but its worth a watch. They even organized Kane Brown's pantry! :) 
.


Arnold and I watched The documentary on Netflix about the dangers of social media. I already knew a lot of this stuff, but it is scary hearing about just how much they know about us, and how they try to manipulate people to do things. Its especially scary watching the parts and stats about teens using social media. It made me stop and remember that I should not look to social media for validation, or spend all my time on it when there are more important things in life to focus on. 





What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month

All the things Fall and Halloween related! We are planning on going to the pumpkin patch this weekend, and maybe the balloon festival. I want to try and paint the pumpkins with the kids this year, there are some CUTE ideas on pinterest! We have plans to go on a day trip to Lake Lure with some family. I am looking forward to the leaves changing colors in the mountains and seeing that. And later in the month we will celebrate Mom's birthday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment