Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Trip to the ER

So Saturday night Arnold and I were supposed to go out on a date...we were getting ready and all of a sudden i started feeling severe pains in the right side of my back.. I didnt think much of it until they started getting really severe. Arnold thought it was a kidney stone.. but i didnt think so..

Anyway, we decided to drop off the kids and go on out anyway. We went to Target to get some stuff, and while we were in the diaper aisle the pains came on again. So we decided to go over to the Urgent Care. They said they didnt have the equipment needed to check me out for problems like that,and there was a chance it was my appendix, so they sent me over to Catawaba Hospital.


It was SUCH a long wait. we got there at around 730 and didnt get back into a room in the ER until around 10:30. The dr came in and thought I had a kidney stone by the way I was acting and where it hurt. He took a urine test from me and then came back in and said he didnt see signs of elevated red blood cells, but hed do a CT scan to be sure. By the way, ive had like 4 of them in the past year, and thats waaay too much radiation for the normal person. I could get cancer oneday just from those stupid tests! But i wont worry about that now...


So anyway, i went back and got the CT scan done on my abdomen. Then we waited, and waited and waited. Arnold fell asleep sitting up! They finally came back in at 4am with the results. They said they didnt see any kidney stones (thank goodness!) But that i had a kidney infection. Id never had one and it hurt sooooo bad!



We waited until 5 am when they finallywrote the report up and let us go. They gave me a prescription for antibiotics, antinausea pills, and Vikodin. They gave me one before i left and i was OUT of it by the time i got home. We finally fell into bed at 530 AM and didnt get up till 11 AM. My inlaws then brought the kids home and brought us lunch. It was a rough day.. when the kids laid down for a nap Arnold and I did too.We were exhausted!!



Anyway, im finally starting to feel better after a few days on the antibiotics. Im glad i decided to go to the ER so that the infection was found, but I HATED that wait. So much for the date night we had had planned! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment