Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Weekend in Review!



We had a busy but fun weekend! Friday morning I went to my classes. I got back a test I had taken in English and made an 100! I was so happy! I did a little shopping after that. Brooke had been begging me for some boots, so I went to get her some at Kohl's. I had some coupons so got them for a great deal! They are really cute- I wish they made them in my size! I was supposed to meet Erika and Joanne over at Tutti Frutti to get some ice cream at 11:30. I showed up a little early and waited, but they never showed up. I didn't have my cellphone (of course!!) and so after awhile I decided to order something. I sat in one of the comfy chairs, ate it, and eventually left. Later I found out that it was a mis-communication thing, but I hate that I missed them! The inside of that place is really nice, but I still think I prefer the taste to Sweet Frog better! Later that evening Brooke went over to her friend's house for a sleepover. Arnold watched the little kids and I took on an extra evening working childcare. I got to do childcare with Erika and Shana so it was a blast and the time flew by! We watched 12 kids for a special church service they were having. Everything went really well and the kids all seemed to behave!! When I got home, Arnold and I caught up on Grey's Anatomy. We had missed 2 episodes!! I don't like how they are making Derek a big jerk lately. Are they setting him up to leave the show soon?? I hope not!!!! :(

Saturday morning Arnold and I had an idea to make some homemade chilli! Everyone knows I do not like to cook and I am not that great at it, so I don't cook many fancy or homemade things. Arnold does a lot of the cooking actually, he is a lot better at it! Arnold went to the store to get all the ingredients while he was out picking up Brooke from her friend's house. Funny story-- the recipe said to use 6 CLOVES of garlic, but Arnold came home with 6 HEADS of garlic. We were confused and ended up googling pictures of cloves! Thank goodness we found out that we were only supposed to pull out 6 little globes of garlic to use before we screwed up the whole thing! ;) I chopped up then browned the veggies, and Arnold worked with the meat (I HATE raw meat!) then we mixed everything together, added the spices, and put it in the crockpot to cook! It made the house smell really good!

Later that afternoon we went over to my in-laws church to have lunch and hang out awhile. They were working at and helping run their fall festival. A lot of people were there selling things. Arnold ended up taking my cash to get a little loaf of strawberry bread with icing..... ooook. My niece ended up getting some of my money too... but its all good ;) Afterwards Arnold helped them pack up and load everything into their van. My mother-in-law ended up giving me a lot of Christmas decorations!! I was thrilled! You'd think after 9 years of being married I'd have a big collection of stuff but I never have really bought a lot of new stuff. A lot of our stuff is old and I was happy to get some new stuff! I came home and put all of it up! Now all we are missing is our tree, which we will have up soon! And later that evening for dinner we had the chilli!!! It turned out really good! Even the kids liked it, and that is saying a lot!!! I was proud of Arnold and myself and now I think we are ready to try even more new recipes!!  (yes Mom and Erika-- you can stop laughing now! ;)


Sunday morning we all got ready and went to church. No worker in 1st service so Arnold helped me out. We had a good bunch of kids this week. There was a little boy though that was determined to make my morning rough.. I changed not one, but TWO dirty diapers of his before the hour was up!!!!! Thank goodness Arnold was there to take the trash out ;) There was a little baby girl in there this week that was just PRECIOUS! She even let Arnold hold her some. I gave her her bottle and rocked her to sleep... I could have sat there forever! I love getting my baby fix every week. Babies like her make me wish I had 10 more! ;) We had full coverage in 2nd service so Arnold took the kids to their first time in big church! He said they did pretty well! I stayed and helped the girls work with the kids that came for the 2nd service.

After church we went out to lunch at O'Charleys! It had been awhile since we went with the whole family to sit down and eat a nice meal together out somewhere, and we had a coupon, so it was the perfect excuse ;) Then since we were out anyway and needed a few things, we went by Target. Seems like I can't get away from that place lately! ;) Plus, Brooke had been dying to see the new Starbucks that just opened. Why she cares I don't know????? She doesn't drink coffee. She does like their cake pops though ;) After we got our stuff I told the kids I'd get them icees at the cafe. Before we were even out of the building, Caleb spilled his all over the place, right in front of the doors. I was so embarrassed! I took the girls to the van and made Arnold clean it up! ;) Then we got to the van and he spilled the REST of it all over my seat! Ohhhh I was pretty mad! Seems like Caleb was not having a very good day!


Anyway, that evening we had some tacos and rice for dinner. I worked on some homework. We broke out the Christmas books and read some of them to the kids before bedtime! A new one we have this year is "Pet the Cat Saves Christmas" and it is really cute! We love all the Pete the Cat books!  Hope everyone has a great week!! :)






Whipping up some chili on Saturday :) 




Brooke and Bekah hanging out at the Fall Festival.



Sitting on the church steps waiting on Daddy to get done loading stuff up!



Arnold helping me out Sunday morning! This little cutie didn't seem to mind! ;)



My icecream I ate all by my lonesome on Friday :( LOL! I promise I'm not mad Erika! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment