Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Weekend in Review!



Friday evening I went to work for the childcare at one of the church campuses. I was put in the 0-2 baby room, so I was excited. We waited, and waited, and no babies showed up! :( But, there were tons of kids in the other age groups, so I moved up to the 3-5 class. Actually, my friend Erika went home and let me take her place in that room. I am ever so grateful because I am trying to save up my childcare money for this summer! Anyway, there were about 15 or 20 kids in there and they were pretty wild, but it was fun. We fed them dinner and were trying to eat ourselves but every 2 seconds we had to jump back up to get them something. Reminded me of the days of having a newborn at home and trying so hard to sit down and eat once in awhile! ;) A couple of the girls wanted to play beauty shop and started playing with my hair and "styling it." It was really sweet. But when I tried to get up one yanked on my hair and pulled me back down, then they all jumped on top of me and said I couldn't leave... lol. They are so silly. Love my job!


Saturday morning we got up and went to a 1st Birthday party for miss Ansley! We watch her every week for lifegroup, and she is really special :) I can't believe she is one already! She had the cutest "milk and cookies" theme, and all the kids got their own little bottles of milk to drink and they had a huge assortment of cookies out. They also had pizza for lunch. And all the kids loved watching Ansley open her presents. I had taken Rachel with me, and she got to spend the whole time playing with her BFF Kenzie, so she was very happy :) She even said "thank you for bringing me Mommy, it was fun!!" :) 

While we were at the party, Arnold went into work for a few hours. Since it was a Saturday he let Caleb go with him. Caleb thought it was so cool, and got to have Dad/son bonding time ;) Arnold said he had to watch him carefully though, to make sure he didn't touch or break stuff! ;) Brooke spent the day with her BFF, Zoey, and later went to the movies with her and their friend Emma, and her mom. They went to see Paddington Bear. After Arnold got home from work, we rented Big Hero 6 and watched it with Caleb and Rachel. It was pretty cute.. but I ended up falling asleep during the end! haha. After that was over we went to dinner at Shell's BBQ. I love to go there every once in awhile and get hotdogs and cherry sundrop.. yum! After dinner we took Rachel to get her haircut.. we had been wanting to get it shorter for a long time. We took her to the JC. Penney salon. They did a great job and she looks adorable! 

When Brooke was dropped off to us that evening she said she had a stomach ache. She told me that day she had eaten chicken, slushies, nachos, popcorn... etc.. NO WONDER she had a stomach ache lol. But when we got home she was still feeling bad and went straight to bed, which is very  unlike her. She ended up waking up early the next morning and puking. She also had a fever. So we figured she had caught a stomach bug. So Arnold stayed home with the kids while I went on to church to work. 

I worked first service with Shana, so we got to talk and that was a lot of fun. We had a pretty decent crowd of kids in there, and everyone seemed to play well and not get upset.. so it was fun! 2nd service I hung around and helped out but didn't have to do much because I had 2 volunteers in there.. so it was another low-key service and I loved it! After church I went with Shana and Shaylee to lunch at PDQ. I haven't been in awhile and had one of their chicken sandwiches. It was fun getting to hang out with Shana some more. Since Arnold was hanging out at home with the kids and they were all just laying around watching tv, I went to Walmart all by myself, to pick up some things we needed. I hate going to walmart, but it was still nice getting to be out alone! It is a shame the kids weren't feeling the greatest, because the weather was GORGEOUS outside and like 70-some degrees, and we were all inside instead of out there enjoying it! 

Sunday evening I started reading the book "The Girl on the Train." It is one of the books on the top-selling list, so I decided to give it a try. I finished it up last night, and it was pretty good, but I didn't like the ending. A few twists, but nothing that special. But still worth it I think!





Joanne and I took our first work selfie!!!! ;)



The girls were having a blast playing with my hair!




With my honey at Shell's on Saturday evening for dinner.



Caleb with his cat he won at the arcade earlier that day.





Rachel showing off her new haircut! Cutie pie! 





We were playing around with Sheldon and put my sunglasses on him! :)





Cuddling up with my sweet Shaylee at PDQ after church :)





Erika with sweet Ansley-- the birthday girl!



She was chowing down on cookies!





The girls were playing dressup and having a blast!



Enjoying some cookies and treats! 

No comments:

Post a Comment