Friday, May 8, 2015

Friday Favorites!





My new niece is here!!! Ava Loren, she was born on the 2nd at 11:49pm. Yes, the SAME day as the royal baby! But she is so much cuter and more special than the princess ;) Haha. I hate that I was asleep when it actually happened, but I heard the news early the next morning. They say she has her Mama's eyes and her Daddy's mouth and smile, and she has a lot of hair! Everything went smoothly, and I am so thankful! I am such a proud Aunt!! :)



 I wanted to cry seeing all the pictures! Still can't believe my brother is a DADDY! He is going to be so awesome! Ariel says he is already helping out so much. It is killing me being so far away, but I will be on a plane this time next week, headed to Florida to visit them for the weekend! I can't wait to hold Ava! 




Last sunday after church we went out to lunch with Erika and Kenzie. We went to O'Charley's. I got brunch, which included a belgian waffle, eggs, and bacon.. YUM! I love lunch dates after church.





And that same day Miss Kenzie spent the afternoon with us, having a playdate with Rachel. She first spent some time with Arnold and the kids at the park. He bought some koolaid for them too.. they were loving him ;) Then she played at our house for awhile, and ate some pizza with us. Rachel loved having her over!





The other morning I took the kids to the first appt at their NEW dentist! I am so, so glad we switched! Everyone there is so incredibly nice. They were able to clean all 3 kids' teeth at the same time, and they let me sit at the back and watch. They had tvs overhead that the kids could watch during their cleaning! (i dont think Caleb even wanted to leave! ha!) And the best part of all, was they found NO CAVITIES IN ANY OF THE KIDS!! I was so thrilled and relieved. They said Caleb's mouth was about perfect. Rachel has 4 wiggly teeth all at once. Brooke has a pretty bad crossbite and we got a referral to an orthodontist because he will have to be getting braces in the near future. Anyway, I was so happy with our first appt and can't wait to go back. If they had awesome dentists like that for adults, it wouldn't be so bad going!! ;)





The girls were wearing new dresses and I took a few pics while we were over at Mom and Dad's house. Rachel's actually was a hand-me-down from our friends (who gave us a lot of girls' clothes-- thanks again!!) And I found Brooke's at TJ Maxx. They both love wearing dresses :)





Spring Semester ended this week! I finished up my computer class with a B. Which I am happy with because it was a tough course for me! I don't want to ever see another Excel spreadsheet again! ha! ;) I finished the whole semester with a 3.6 GPA! I am happy and proud. I celebrated with a cupcake ;) I have few weeks off before I start summer semester. 




I just finished reading this book and it was so good! Bought it on a whim after I read a review on someone's blog. It was well-written and touching, and of course had lots about babies so I loved it ;)




Caleb made me this at school for Mother's Day! so sweet. I love the things like this that they do every year. I keep them all, and they will be nice to look back on oneday when they are teenagers and not as nice ;)




For my fellow 80s and 90s girls.. remember Lisa Frank?! It was all the rage when I was little. I loved getting all her colorful school supplies. Anyway, I saw online that they are coming out with these LF flip flops for WOMEN! haha. Who wants a pair?? ;)






~Had a busy week working childcare. Monday night we watched 23 kids, ages 5 months to 9 years, for 3 hours. It was insane. We couldn't even hear ourselves talk. Even when we split them up into 2 rooms. I had toys thrown down my shirt. I was spit up on after I fed a baby a bottle. And then I held a little girl who wasn't feeling well until my arm went to sleep. I went home covered in spit up, drool, snot, and sweat. So glamorous, huh? Haha... but I love those kiddos so much! Wed night was an adventure too. We had a case of a BIG bottle of apple juice spilling all over the kitchen floor. And little butts scooting around in it. And a slip and fall. And all the toy baskets being dumped out.... ahhh... the good life ;) 





~I hope everyone has an awesome weekend celebrating their Mothers, and getting pampered if you are a Mother yourself ;) I look forward to spending time with family, a big lunch my dad is making, and a date night with hubby. I am so blessed to have the most wonderful children, and the most awesome Mom! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment