Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Best Weekend Ever!!

I had the best weekend ever!!!!!! My brother and his family came to visit for a few days, from Florida!! They live about 9 hours away and we don't see them very often. They stayed at Mom and Dad's house and we were over there every day to spend time with everyone. Arnold and the girls hadn't even met baby Ava in person yet, so it was extra special! I couldn't believe how much she had grown!

Saturday I went over to Mom's and spent lots of time cuddling Ava of course!! Then us girls went to a luncheon at Mom's church. They had all sorts of appetizers, salads and desserts. We got to see some old friends and meet some new people, too. Everyone oohed and ahhed over Ava and had fun watching Brielle run around excited. They pulled tickets for door prizes and I won some flowers! I am bad with plants so I hope I don't kill them but they are beautiful! Ariel won a certificate thing to Hannah's BBQ! Yummy place but she's from out of state so that was funny! 

After the lunch we went back to Mom and Dad's house to hang out. Arnold and the kids went with his dad to an airplane show out of town... so they joined us later that evening. Brielle warmed up to us quickly and was running around spending time on everyone's laps and having a good time with Mom and Dad's dogs.. she even went up and kissed one on the mouth ;) 

That evening some more of our family who live a few hours away came in to town for the night to see Alex's family! They had never met the baby either, so they were excited. We had a HOUSE FULL of people and it was crazy and chaotic but a lot of fun. Mom made this amazing dip for an appetizer and the whole plate was gone so fast! Then for dinner she made ham and BBQ and baked potatoes. (I could eat at her house every night!!!! ;) We stayed out on the deck until it was dark and all sat around and talked. It was such a perfect evening for family time!!

Sunday we went to church while Mom and Dad took Alex and family to Grandfather Mountain for the day. I know they had an awesome time. My sister in law loves the moutains! We keep begging them to move to NC and she says she would.. but I'm not so sure my brother would!! ;) We went back over to their house again Sunday evening for another dinner. 

Monday, Alex and Ariel had plans so the girls stayed at Mom's house and we watched the girls all day while they were gone. I forgot how exhausting having ones that small is! I guess I blocked that part of my life out of my mind-- when I had 3 little ones running around! ;) I went to get Ava out of bed and she reached up and pulled my hair and laughed! Then I went to get Brielle and she said "hi! I pooped!" oh yes she did indeed! She was even halfway out of her diaper already so it was a mess! good thing I love them so much! ;) We spent the morning playing, watching Sesame Street and stuff like that. I left in the early afternoon to pick the kids up from school and go by the book fair and let them pick a few things out. Then we headed back over to their house AGAIN. The kids did their homework there and thankfully Mom took over HW duty and helped them while I rocked a fussy Ava.. she is starting to teethe and wasn't happy! She finally fell asleep and I passed out too in the recliner! Dad took a picture of us when he got home from work and thought it was hilarious! 

Alex and Ariel didn't get back til nearly 8pm that evening. By then I was passed out a 2nd time with Ava and she was sleeping again too. It was a long, rough day, but it was worth it to spend all that time with my nieces! Then we all had dinner together one last time. We tried to watch the premiere of the Big Bang Theory but there was too much going on, so don't tell me about it yet!! ;) We started to give hugs goodbye and Brielle started crying!! :( She already hates goodbyes!! I think I kissed poor Ava to death! ;) When I drove home I was nearly in tears. I just am going to miss them so much! But I am thankful for the few days we had, and can't wait til we can see them again at Christmas!!!! :)







Mom holding her sweet Brielle at the church luncheon




The beautiful Mums I won. They are sitting on my kitchen table now and look so nice for Fall!





I couldn't resist getting Brielle this shirt the other day before they came in! From Children's place! We are already besties! It's true! ;)





Ava has grown so much! Already cooing and laughing and wearing 9 months clothes! And of course she looks EXACTLY like her Daddy! It's freaky!!!! ;)




My beautiful nieces! They are my whole world!!! :)





Ava enjoyed some tummy time on her blanket!






The kids were so excited to meet Ava for the first time!





Brooke asked to hold her right away!







Brielle plopped right down in Brooke's lap and wanted her to read a book!





Ava liked meeting her Uncle Arnold! Even though she looks very uninterested ;)






Selfies with Ava!!!! ;)







We wanted to get a pic of Mom and Dad with all FIVE of their grand kids! First time all together! After snapping about 20 times, I got a good one!






I was also able to capture this moment of Brielle reaching up and giving her Pop Pop a kiss on the cheek! I die! Cutest thing EVER! :)






Mom sure is a happy Grandma :)





Ava liked taking naps on me Monday :)






The pic Dad took, of me and Ava passed out after a long day's work ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment