Thursday, February 14, 2013

What We have been Up To


We have been celebrating one of my best friend's sons 2nd birthday. Happy Birthday Ben! Seems like just yesterday I was at the hospital, holding you, right after you had been born! Your mama was out of it and I wanted to walk right out of that room and keep you for myself! ha! You are such an adorable, sweet boy. We went on a playdate at the mall the morning of his birthday, and let the kids play. 


We have been having yummy treats at Sweet Frog! Rachel will never pass up a chance to go there now! As Caleb pointed out the other day, somehow he has never gotten to try it yet (I feel bad!) So we will have to go back soon and let him try it, too! Did everyone know that Mondays are double punch days?! I had no idea and got a happy surprise when I got 4 punches on my card when we went Monday. It is almost full now and I will soon get a free one! 


These were Rachel and I's creations this past trip. I usually stick with what I like. Chocolate icecream, brownie chunks, reese's crumbles, and cherries. Can you tell I like my chocolate?! Rachel likes to get a little bit of everything! Gummy bears, m&ms, sprinkles, strawberries, berry balls, you name it-- she will add it on. They really do have a GREAT selection of toppings. I guess since they took Rita's away from us, we will now hold our playdates and special occasions here instead ;)


We have been dressing up in our new outfits! This is the outfit I got Rachel the day Arnold and I went shopping, on our anniversary. I fell in love with it. The leggings were a little tight, but other than that it is adorable! Everyone else loved it, too. And she actually let me put a bow in her hair! (for a little while)


We have been practicing our cheesy smiles. Rachel has the biggest, silliest smiles. They melt my heart. At least I know the girl is happy! ;)


We have been winning awards at school! After her recent AR Reading Award, Brooke came home with yet ANOTHER award this past week! Citizen of the Month! I am so proud of her, she has become a wonderful young lady. She is very kind, helpful, and respectful. She tries to be a friend to everyone she meets. I don't mean to brag, but she deserved it! ;)


We have been getting EEGs. I took Brooke in yesterday afternoon to get her EEG they had scheduled. They wanted to see how her epilepsy is doing, and if she is still having seizures, and if that is what is causing her attention/focus problems in school. She was so nervous, even though she has had it done before and knew it didn't hurt. She took both Sally AND Panda with her to hang out with her. She got to sit in a big, comfy chair and watch cartoons while the dr. attached all the wires to her head (that took awhile, there were 24 of them!) Then she had to lay back and close her eyes, and do a bunch of tests while they monitored her. That was really tough for her, because she hates sitting still. But she did great. I watched the computer screen the whole time, watching her brain waves, but of course I didn't know what I was looking at. They said her results should be in really soon.


We have been taking pictures of silly hair after EEGs. Haha. They use this sticky, gooey stuff to attach all those electrodes to your head, so when you get done, your hair is pretty nasty. Brooke's hair was sticking up every which way. This was even after they had tried to wipe it down a little bit. I was taking a pic of her right when the elevator opened.. the guy on there probably thought we were nuts! ;)


We have been celebrating good things. Brooke winning that award. Being brave during her EEG, and Valentine's Day, of course. We went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse last night. Haven't been there in forever. I forgot how much I loved the rolls and peanuts they give you while waiting for your food :) Brooke is holding the mermaid Barbie she picked out at the store yesterday. I am such a sucker. But we promised her something if she was a big girl during the test, and that is what she wanted. It was between that and a stuffed Hello Kitty doll. I tried to sway her towards the Lalaloopsies (which I love) but nope, had to be the mermaid. Rachel loved it too, she brushed it's hair all during dinner :)


We have been attending Women's Conferences. Mom invited me to a conference where tons and tons of women get together (over 2,000 to be exact) and there is a speaker, worship, singing, workshops, Bible Studies, and all sorts of things. I had never been to one before, but since it was in our town, I figured it was worth a shot. The speaker for the weekend was Billy Graham's daughter. She was pretty awesome, I liked hearing her speak. I have been a Christian all my life, but she really made me think about some things in a different light. There is always something to learn-- always! Her daughter also came up and taught us how to teach the Bible to kids. She said it is never too early to start introducing it to kids-- I need to get better about that. Brooke already loves her Kids' Bible mom got her. Anyway, it was a great weekend. I ended up running into tons of women I know, and some I haven't seen in a long time, and it was a great surprise to get to chat with them and give them a big hug :) 


This is mom the first night of our conference. It was so crowded. The first picture I took wasn't good at all, and she made me sit there and delete it in front of her, haha. She is silly, she is a beautiful woman. And where I got my love for scarves-- she is wearing a homemade one in the pic, and usually gives some to me as gifts, too :) 





Hope everyone is having a great week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment