Sunday, September 21, 2014
The Struggle Is Real!
I don't know what it was with this past week, but it was awful. I have never been so glad to see a week end! Well, there were a FEW good points, but overall, it sucked. I hate to be a downer, but there is only so much a girl can take! I know part of it is this is a new season of life for all of us. Rachel starting kindergarten, me starting college and working some part-time, and everyone having to get used to new schedules. Not to mention us still struggling with Brooke's school issues. But hopefully we will get that sorted out soon.
I don't have much to write about right now, but I want to stay current on the blog... so here is a list of things currently stressing me out!!!! ;)
1. I. can. not. get. rid. of. these. allergies!!! Every single day it seems like my eyes are heavy and itchy, I sneeze, have a headache, and am exhausted. I feel like I want to take a nap every single day. I need to visit an allergist for real, and get tested. I am a hater of shots, but if they have a shot that will make me stop stuff suffering, bring it on!!
2. I have a big, big paper due for my English class, on October 3rd. The days just keep creeping up on me. The paper is basically my midterm and counts for a 3rd of my grade. No pressure or anything! I like writing, but more the type of personal writing in a blog... not a paper analyzing a piece of old literature!
3. I cannot find Rachel's baggie book. The book she has to bring home every week from school and read to me and then take back to school and read to her teacher to prove we've been working on it. I feel like I am that parent all the teachers are going to hate. I am SO disorganized. I have tried to do better, really I have! this year is proving to be the worst yet, with all my new responsibilities!
4. Like always I am stressed about Brooke, and if we are getting her the help she needs for school. She goes back again on wed. for more ADHD/learning disability testing. Hopefully if they can officially diagnose her with something in writing, the school will do more to help her out. And her teacher will get off my back about her behavior.. I mean the kid really does try! I don't know what else to do. It has been a long road....
5. Have I chosen the correct college path? I sure hope so. I think I am on the right track to liking what I am going to do, and there are jobs out there, at least that is what they say. We did some research on types of medical office jobs for one of my classes, and there are a lot of options, but a lot more work involved than I ever imagined. I just want to be successful in what I do!
6. I don't know If I'll ever find a dang PUPPY SURPRISE in time for Christmas! Two to be exact.. because you know both girls will want one! So far they have been wiped out at the store. When I ask if they will get more in the guys in the store seemed to not even know what the heck I was talking about. Oh well.
7. I have no clue what to get my mom for her birthday. It is coming up soon, on October 18th. I love buying gifts, but after awhile, it feels like I get people the same things over and over again, you know?? I have gotten her photo books of the kids before, candles, bath and body works stuff, books I thought she'd like to read.... anyone have any ideas for me?!?!
8. Arnold ate my last "diet" brownie!!!!! Yeah I bought that box of fiber one brownies for ME. I am trying not to eat as many desserts, and I figured those at least weren't as bad. But Arnold sniffed them out and they slowly started to disappear...
9. Speaking of... I want to start going back to the gym. I mean I am paying $35 a month, so I might as well use it! When am I going to find the time to go with all our stuff going on?! Will I ever get over my fear of working out in front of people?? WHY does everyone else at the gym already look so fit and so good and make me hate myself???? Ugh, the struggle is real.
10. They moved Big Bang Theory to Monday nights!!!! At 8pm!!!!! Ok... do these people realize I have kids that don't go to bed until 8:30pm?? Brooke has cheer practice mon nights and doesn't even get home til nearly 8pm! I guess I will be watching the show next day on Demand, it looks like. Along with Grey's Anatomy, which also moved to an earlier time slot. what is up with all the changes?? And why am I paying for cable when I can't even see my shows when they first air???
11. The book fair is coming to the kids' school this week. The book fair itself is a glorious thing. All those shelves and tables of books? Be still my heart. But I will have to hold myself back. Not spend too much. House payment is this paycheck and I don't have a ton of extra to spend there. And the kids are at the age where they want to pick out their own books now, so I have to give them choices too. Ah..
12. Why does my living room carpet get dirty so quickly?? I guess it is 5 people and 2 animals constantly walking all over it. the kids never listen to me and take off their shoes so they don't track dirt in.Right now I see a cherry dr pepper stain in the corner, where a drink spilled. red stains are tough to get up! Arnold can steam clean the carpet and it be dirty again a few days later. WHY??????
13. I just realized I haven't been taking pictures lately. What is wrong with me? I won't have any picture folders from about July-September. No memories. That makes me sad :(
14. I guess I will end this depressing blog saying I hope the Panthers win tonight!!!! It's not stressing me out as much as some people I know, but I still care. So GO PANTHERS!!!! :)
Now that all that is out.. I feel a little better. Thanks for letting me vent! And let's hope my next blog is full of a lot happier things. Here's to a good week ahead!!