Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thankful

I know Thanksgiving was the other day, and I am a little late on this, but I wanted to do my traditional "thankful" blog and write about what I am thankful for this year.


~God. Thankful that he sent his son Jesus to die on the cross.. I am so unworthy, but he paid the price for me! Amazing! And he has helped me through some really difficult times, especially in the past few years. Never leaves my side.

~Arnold. My husband of almost 7 years now. We have had a lot thrown at us in the years we have been married. A few times it was extrememly rough and I didn't know if we would make it through. But we did, and we are now stronger than ever! Arnold is very respectful of me, and treats me as an equal. He knows I hate to cook, so he will cook several nights for us. He doesn't mind watching the kids while I get out for a break once in awhile. He is always there to support and love me. I love having someone to be so close with in life.

~My 3 Kiddos- Brooke, Caleb and Rachel. Each one has changed my life in a new way. They are all different and have so many unique qualities. Brooke is the independent one, always on the go, and sometimes bossy, but she means well! Caleb is the sensitive one (like his mama!) shy to warm up to people, but he is really caring and thoughtful of others. Rachel is my little firecracker. She is always funny, the center of attention, and always into something. The 3 of them keep me so busy and sometimes so stressed but being a mother is the best thing I have ever done! I was made for this!

~My Parents- My parents have been married for 40 years now and have shown me what a strong, loving marriage looks like. They gave me a great childhood and so many opportunities in live that I didn't even really appreciate until I grew up and had my own kids. They still help me out when I need it, even as an adult. Thankfully they live pretty close and we get to see them pretty often still. They are wonderful grandparents to the kids and spoil them rotten! And don't mind having them over for a night one in awhile so Arnold and I can get a datenight!

~My brother- We give each other a hard time, but I'm glad I have him. I have always felt very protective of him. He doesn't live very close anymore and that sucks because I miss him! And I wish the kids got to see their Uncle Alex more often. he has turned into an awesome man and he is one of the hardest workers I know. I am proud of him!

~My Friends- I have some of the best friends a girl could ask for-- no really!! They are so fun to be with, and when we get together there is ALWAYS something crazy going on, and that is where I get a lot of my blog material ;) They are always there to listen when I need to vent, or to offer some advice or a shoulder to cry on. They have helped me through some really rough times before, and never left my side. A few of the closest ones probably know more about me then maybe even Arnold does! ;)

~My Church- We have found a wonderful church that we actually love going to every Sunday! The people are so friendly there and we have made some great friends. We have gotten very involved and even became members last year. I work with the baby class and get to snuggle sweet babies twice a month. The pastor is young and always preaches on stuff true-to-life that I can relate to, and I ALWAYS take something away from the message! I have become so much closer to God since we have been going there, and become more outgoing as well.

~Arnold's work- Even in this tough economy, Arnold still has his job, and it is a great one. He has a good boss that really cares about the employees, and is understanding if stuff comes up and he needs to miss a day. Arnold has a lot of close friends there as well, and people  that really help out when others need it. I know Arnold enjoys going to work every day, and that is a blessing. He works hard so I can be a stay-at-home-mom right now.

~The Pregnancy Care Center- I am thankful that I have found a wonderful organization that truly helps women in need. Being pro-life, I love being a part of this center where I feel like I can make a difference. Thurs night have become great.. I get to help out where I know I'm needed, and I get to meet all kinds of people and love on people and babies.

~My country- Thankful to live in the USA! Where we have so many freedoms that we sometimes take for granted. We are blessed with so much, and even if we don't have ALOT, we sure do have a lot more than most other places in the world! We are able to worship in the way we please, and the service men and women have fought for the freedoms we enjoy every day.. and I am oh so thankful!

~The kids' school- The kids go to a great school. Their principal was actually named Principal of the Year last year! The teachers and staff there really seem to care about the students. We have become close to alot of the teachers there, and I feel like I can always go to them with any concerns I have. They have taught my kids so much, and brought out the best in them.



And a few other little things I am thankful for!!!!!

~Chocolate
~Books
~Facebook
~Online Yardsale sites
~Date night with Arnold
~Girls Night Out
~Netflix
~Afternoon naps
~Finding great deals
~Sweet Tea
~Buying things for the kids
~Christmas Time
~Weekends with my family

1 comment:

  1. Love your little quip about each of your kids--so sweet :). I only have one little guy, but good golly, he is so much fun, we'd love to have more some day!
    We too have recently found a church that we just adore, we all love going and always feel challenged/convicted to reflect on our own daily lives as well :)

    ReplyDelete