Monday, March 25, 2013

What We've Been Up To


Having lunch at Olive Garden. On a rare Monday Arnold had off from work. It was cold and rainy but we wanted to get out and do something at least! We had the unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks. That is seriously one of my favorite places to go, but we don't go often because it is always so crowded, and expensive with 5 people in our family!


Celebrated my Mother-in-law's Birthday. And retirement. She turned 62 this week and also is officially done at her job at the paint store she has worked at for years. We went over to their house and had cake and snacks and the kids got to give her her present and cards. They got WAY too much sugar that night. 


The girls played a new game that my MIL had gotten from someone as a gift. It was Mancala! I used to play that as a kid too! It was neat trying to teach them to play something that brought back good memories.


Brooke has been playing photographer and took this pic of us. Turned out pretty good, right?


I've been continuing to research ideas for my friend's baby shower in May. I am responsible for games/activities and favors. I LOVED these dipped oreos I found, as a favor idea?? It fits the color scheme perfectly.. we are doing pink and black!


Rachel has been hanging out with her buddy, Logan. They had a playdate at the library, and spent time building with blocks, putting on puppet shows, and doing puzzles and games. 


I have decided on this year's theme for Rachel's birthday party. It is going to be under-the-sea! I have found SO many awesome ideas on Pinterest and I think it's going to be so much fun. A whole blog post on that to come though ;)


They brought back Pina Colada freeze drinks at Taco Bell!!! As soon as I saw the sign out front I think I squealed a little! They are sooo yummy. And the very next night my sweet hubby went out and brought one home for me, as a surprise. It was the big size, and I drank it down so fast I kept getting brain freeze. But it was totally worth it! ;)


I am reading the 6th Harry Potter book now. It took me awhile to get into it, but It is really starting to get good! Arnold wishes I would hurry up so he can see the next movie. I won't let him watch it before I am done reading the books!


I finished the Pioneer Woman's book about the love story between her and Marlboro Man! It was so, so good! And I am obsessed with her now.. spent quite awhile on her blog the other day....



We got really good news at Brooke's most recent neurology appointment. The dr said that since her last EEG scan was clear, that she is doing great and now we can just keep an eye on her and see how she does, and if she has anymore seizures. But she doesn't have to go on meds! (Arnold especially is really relieved about that!) And she doesn't have to go back for a follow-up checkup for another 3 months. So we are all pretty happy!

We spent one evening last week looking at really old pics and videos of the kids. They thought that it was hilarious watching them eat solid foods for the first time, and watch them trying to master walking, and all that good stuff. I on the other hand just felt like crying! Where did my babies go?! There was even a video of Caleb RIGHT after he was born, and his first sweet cries. I am so glad I can go back and listen to that whenever I want to! Now I wish I had taken even more videos back then.

Brooke has a good friend in her 1st grade class named Ava. Her mom just had a baby! A sweet baby boy named Jace. I haven't gotten to meet him yet but I love looking at all his pictures she posts on Facebook :) He is adorable, and I know Ava is loving being a big sister!! :)

We celebrated Spring FINALLY getting here, but it sure doesn't feel like it! Today it's in the 40's and windy! That is NOT Spring weather!!! The kids have their Spring pics on Wed. of this week and the theme is "Beach." Kind-of crazy, considering it is way too cold to send them to school in anything that really looks "Springy" or "Beachy." What to do?!

This weekend the band Arnold is in played THREE gigs. I got to go see him with some friends on Friday night, at the country bar. It was pretty fun. Needless to say though, by the end of the weekend we were both exhausted. He didn't even touch his guitars on Sunday! We mostly snuggled and spent time napping and watching tv shows on Netflix :)

No comments:

Post a Comment