Monday, September 16, 2013

Back to School!

 
 
It took me forever to get around to writing this. The kids started back to school last month. ALL 3 kids! Brooke is in 2nd grade, Caleb is in 1st Grade, and Rachel is in full-day preschool, so it feels like Kindy already. The big kids started a few days earlier than Rachel, so that gave us a few days left together. I had already picked out Brooke's outfit for the 1st day over the summer, when I saw it. I was so excited to see her finally get to wear it. I might have spent too much on the jewelry and matching bows, but it was worth it.
 
Rachel's first day was really tough. Since I have been a stay-at-home-mom for 7 years, that lifestyle is all I really know. I couldn't sleep very well the night before, I was so anxious. I knew she was ready and would do well.. but it felt weird not having any kids around anymore. The first morning she walked right in, looked around, and went to play. She grabbed my leg and said "BYE MOM!" and did great. I was a mess however, and cried off and on most of the day. It was SO quiet when I went back home. My friend and I actually had plans to go out that day to celebrate, but I was just too upset! I spent the day online, cleaning, resting, and what not. Turns out the day went great.. the teacher told me Rachel listened, was nice and polite, and made friends already. I knew she would do great!
 
Since school has started back I've been finding things to do to take up my time. I start back to college soon, but not till January, so I have a few months. So far I have cleaned up the house, done some reading and catching up on tv shows, walking at the park and breaking in my new shoes, shopped, and went to lunch with Arnold. Having a "date" in the middle of the day was so strange! We went to Olive Garden and when they brought the salad out I got a little sad because Rachel usually eats all the tomatoes and croutons.. so they just sat there in the bowl. Sounds silly, but if you are a mom you will understand! I got to stop by a local consignment sale this past Thursday and it was glorious being able to look around and not be rushed by kids whining and touching things they shouldn't!
 
So far the kids are all doing pretty well, except Brooke. Brooke has always had trouble paying attention, and sitting still, even since she was a baby. The teacher called Arnold and I in for a conference, and said she won't stay at her desk, won't finish her work, and is failing some tests already. I hate that, because she is so sweet and smart, she just struggles so much at focusing. So we filled out some paperwork and her teacher did also, and she was "highrisk" for ADHD (we weren't surprised) and we are going to talk to the dr next week about what to do next. Whether it be testing, supplements, medicine.. or what. I am new at all this, so still reading and researching. But I know it will all work out! I just want her to get some help so she can do school to her full potential!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Brooke's 1st day of Second Grade.


Brooke and Caleb together before school


Caleb's 1st day of First Grade


Showing off their new bookbags from Children's place.


Rachel's 1st day of Preschool. Arnold made her a chalkboard to hold up, and I couldn't get her to smile and hold it up at the same time, so this is as good as I got!


Rachel in her classroom. Her name is on the gorilla :)

No comments:

Post a Comment