Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tuedsay Topic: Book List

 
 
 
Here is a list of the books I've read so far in 2013. Well, most of them. The ones I could remember. I read alot.. I don't always keep track! But I wanted to share.. and say that I recommend most of these.. there are a few that weren't that great but I will write that. I also want you guys to share with me new book suggestions-- I am always looking for more new reads! :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I got this book for donating to this Christian charity.. and I am glad I did! It was an awesome book. It is about parenting obviously.. but it stuck with me more than other "self help" books. It really made me realize how important it is to enjoy the years while your kids are young.



I know a lot of people had read this already. It was set back in the 60's I think. I love books written back in the day. There was a movie also, and Arnold and I watched it.




Similar to the Hunger Games. Hard to explain fully, but about a totally different kind of society. When I read these kinds of books I am glad that is not the way life really is! I probably like this series so far even BETTER than the Hunger Games! It really kept my interest.




This book was written by a blogger. I found it for free on kindle one day, so decided to give it a try. It is a funny, light read about being a mom.



 
I had to try this, after everyone raved about it. It was good, I couldn't put it down. It was dark.. for sure. There were so many twists and turns that I found myself cussing the book alot, ha. I did not care for the ending, but it is still worth the read!



I just finished this actually. The woman wrote about different goals to accomplish every month of a year, and it was her "project." It was interesting and gave me some good ideas.




This one was pretty good, interesting to read about a different culture.



Written by same author as the Secret Life of Bees. Didn't like this one quite as much, but it was still pretty good. It kept me wanting to read until the end. Has a mystical, magical quality to it.



My friend Chrissy let me borrow this one. It was written by a blogger. She has become semi-famous by writing about her experiences as a mom, while drawing pics along with it.. it is hilarious. The book was a very quick read.. it was more pictures than anything. 



 
I don't even like to cook, so I never read her cookbooks, but I saw this book about her love story. I actually REALLY loved this.. one of my favorites of the year. It was a heart-warming story about how she found her husband and how she learned to live a different lifestyle.




I love Neta Jackson.. she wrote a series my mom and I read, so I had to keep reading when I saw her new books. These are Christian Fiction and have good story lines while teaching lessons and being uplifting about getting through hard times.




I read all her Stephanie Plum books, so read this one too. It was a quick read and not as good as the others. But if you like this author you may like it.




Probably my favorite book of the entire year so far! Just Amazing. Read it.




Of course I don't believe in having sister wives, but I am a nosy person by nature and watch the show, so I read the book when it came out. Interesting to learn about how others live.




Found this at Goodwill one day, so it was an impulse read. It was written by a british author so the dialect was a little different. It was ok, not the best.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't like the mermaid chair very much at all, but really enjoyed Secret Life of Bees. And I have got to read Divergent! Its on my list!

    ReplyDelete