Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day 2014


This weekend was amazing! I wish it didn't end. My whole family spoiled me rotten! They did so much for me and it was just wonderful. I can't thank them enough.

Friday I met my mom at the mall and she took me clothes shopping for Mother's Day. It was so much fun because I picked out a lot of clothes and we went into the dressing room area together and she gave me her opinions on things I tried on. I know she is loving doing that now since when I was a teen I hated going clothes shopping! Strange, I know. She ended up getting me a really cute dressy outfit that I wore on Mother's Day Sunday, a jacket type thing, and two other cute tops. After we parted ways I went over to Arnold's work to take him some food and have lunch with him. 

That evening Arnold surprised me with a Mother's Day gift that I had NO idea he had gotten me. A heart necklace with little diamonds in it. It is beautiful! He was excited to give it to me so he gave it to me early. Then him and the kids took me out to dinner at my favorite place-- Olive Garden! We got there early so we wouldn't have to wait in a long line. I could eat my weight in just the salad and breadsticks there ;) After dinner since it was still so early we went to some stores to walk around. We went to Old Navy and got us some flipflops.. love their flipflops for the price! Then we went to TJ Maxx to pick out a birthday present for one of Caleb's friends. And we went to A.C. Moore to get a few party things for Rachel.. and I got the kids some of those wooden masks you can color.. they love doing that! On the way home we got a Mother's Day cake... all chocolate! It was so yummy! The kids were excited to have cake so close to bedtime ;)

Saturday Arnold watched the kids for me so I could go have some girls' time with two of my best friends, Erika and Joanne! I slept in as late as I could, then went to meet them at the nail place, and we all got our eyebrows waxed. Then we went over to Walmart so Erika could return something, and we all ended up in the dressing room trying on clothes.. that was a lot of fun. I ended up buying myself two new dresses! And that is a bigdeal because I never wear them! But after feeling how comfy the outfit was that Mom got me, I decided to try some more like it. After Walmart we went to lunch at Chili's. I got a yummy grilled chicken sandwich. We took a bunch of pictures in the parking lot of course.. we are cool like that ;) Lastly we went to the movies to see "Moms Night Out." I was expecting it to be pretty good, but it was GREAT! I was pleasantly surprised! I was cracking up the whole time, it was so funny. And the message was amazing.. every mother needs to hear what they said! And the movie was rated PG and had a lot of Christian references in it. Just proves that a movie doesn't have to have naked people and cussing to be entertaining! Especially not for me!! 

After my friends and I parted ways, I browsed around a few stores waiting on Arnold and the kids. They met me at Mellow Mushroom for dinner. Another one of my favorite places! ;) Then when we got back home the kids wanted to give me their gift, too. They picked it out all by themselves. The other night while they were at the mall with Arnold, they saw it in the store and said "Mom would love that!" so he got it for me, from them. It was an owl top, and I just love it! I am wearing it today, actually. And forgot to mention.. all day while i was out with my friends, Arnold was being super dad. He did yardwork, took Caleb to a birthday party, and took the girls AND one of Brooke's friends to Chuck E Cheese. So I KNOW the kids were thinking he was super dad that day ;)

Sunday morning we all got up early since i had to work in the baby class during early service. I got all the kids dressed and then realized that they were all wearing purple. Not planned, but really cute! Before we left we took a bunch of pictures outside. At church we ended up with 8 little ones under 3, and once again I was holding a lot of babies and doing a lot of reading. Arnold asked me not to wear my new necklace to church because he was worried with the babies.. and sure enough the first thing that happened when I was holding one little guy was he grabbed my necklace and was trying to chew on it! (I wore one with big beads instead) After church we went to Mom and Dad's house for lunch. We gave mom her presents from us and then hung out on the deck. Dad made low country boil, which is one of my favorite meals ever! Between the 7 of us, we finished off 3 1/2 lbs of shrimp! I can't get over how much our kids love shrimp (just like us!) After visiting my parents, we went to visit Arnold's parents. On the way we stopped by to get some gas, and we were right by Taco Bell, so Arnold went through the drive-thru and got me and the kids some of their Freeze drinks. And it was happy hour so they were only $1 each! The little things in life ;)

That afternoon when we got home, I laid down for a nap (ahhhhh, the life!) and Arnold and the kids worked cleaning up the house. The kids had messed their rooms up again, so they cleaned them up again. Then that evening we had dinner while watching old Duck Dynasty re-runs. After the kids went to bed I laid in bed and started reading some new books I had downloaded on my ipad. They had a lot of good kindle deals this weekend. Then I started on the new season of "Call the Midwives." Love that show. While I was doing that, Arnold swept and mopped the kitchen, and vaccuumed the living room. Sign him up for Husband of the year! I swear, I was so, so blessed this weekend by everything he did for me. I couldn't have asked for a better husband!!! :)



I hope everyone else had a fun weekend celebrating, also! :) Now back to being super Moms! ;)









Dinner at Olive Garden on Friday. Wearing one of my new tops Mom got me.



My yummy dinner! I usually get five cheese ziti, but I got the cheese ravioli this time.



The Mothers' Day Cake! It was ALL chocolate. It was so good. 



The top the kids got me. I love it! And the perfect color, too!



Out to lunch on Saturday, with the girls!




Waiting on the movie to start.



Taking pictures Sunday morning before church



The kids wanted to take some silly pictures too!



Mom opening her gifts from us.



Me with my wonderful Mom!!



We took a walk down to the pond while we were waiting on lunch.



Thumbs up for this lunch! I ate till I was seriously stuffed!



Arnold and the kids with his mom on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment