Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Look back at 2013

1. What did you do in 2013 that you have never done before?
-got our first real christmas tree
-got my first smartphone
-got my first DSLR camera


2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for 2014?
-I started off losing a lot of weight and was doing well, but didn't stick with it.


3. Did anyone close to you give birth in 2013?
My roomate from college, Karen.. had her first baby! :)


4. Did anyone close to you die in 2013?
One of my best friend's mom died.. that was very sad. I hated to see him have to go through that. He is like a brother to me.

5. What countries did you visit this year?
None this year!


6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
More confidence.. that is what I always wish for.

7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day Rachel started school.. it was the first day I went home and didn't have any kids in my house after being a Stay-at-home-mom for 7 years.


8. What was your biggest struggle in 2013?
I lost a few friends and had a few issues/arguments with some. It was really difficult to get through, and hurt really badly.

9. Did you suffer any illness or injury in 2013?
Not anything major, thankfully. Brooke was diagnosed with ADHD, though.

10. What was the best thing you bought this year?
We paid off our van!

11. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Brooke's.. she had a hard year in school with her ADHD, but she continues to try hard.

12. Whose behavior disappointed you?
A certain friend of mine I have known for years, she really hurt me

13. Where did most of your money go?
Probably to bills, food, and Christmas gifts

14. What did you get really really excited about this year?

Going to see Lynyrd Skynyrd for the 9th time. Paying off our van. I got a job at Target.

15. What song will always remind you of 2013?
"Counting Stars" or "She's so Mean"

16. Compared to this time last year, are you: much happier, much nicer or richer?
I'd say all 3. The richer part is due to me working ;)

17. What do you wish you had done more of?
More date nights with Arnold. it's hard to do with 3 kids

18. What do you wish you had done less of?
Not spent as much time on FB.. it is just so addicting.

19. Did you fall in love in 2013?
No but I continue to love my sweet hubby of almost 8 years!

20. What was your favorite TV Program in 2013?
Grey's Anatomy and Duck Dynasty

21. What was the best book you read this year?

The Divergent Series--it was awesome!


22. What was your greatest musical discovery this past year?
I really love the voice of that girl.. what is her name.. Lorde? She drives Arnold nuts, though.

23. What did you want and get?
A puppy! We got Sheldon back in August and he is a spoiled rotten dog now! :)

24. What was the best movie you saw this year?
Best kids' movie- Frozen
Best adult movie- Catching Fire

25.What did you do on your birthday and how old did you turn?
.I turned 28 this past year. I went to dinner with friends like I do every year. We also went to Target and bought my first smartphone. Then out skating that night. Mom cooked a big dinner for the family and 2 of my closest friends and their families.
26. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?

27. How would you describe your personal fashion statement this year?
Comfy and cute.. like usual. Jeans with a cute top or sweater.

28. What kept you sane this year?
Jesus, anxiety meds, hubby :)

29. What celebrity did you fancy the most?

I had a hard, hard time with Cory Monteith's death. He was a big crush of mine and I just loved him!

30. Who did you miss this past year?
Missed all my friends and family who live far away. My brother, who moved to Florida :(

31. Who were the best new people you met this year?
My co-workers at Target.. most of them were really nice!

32. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year:
Despite all your best efforts, life doesn't go according to your plan; so trust in God to do what is best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment