Monday, June 2, 2014

JUNE at a Glance

June is finally here! Wow this year is flying by, isn't it? This is one of my favorite months of the whole year. First because we celebrate Rachel's birthday, and we usually throw her a big party ;) And 2nd, my birthday is actually July 1st, but I always celebrate towards the end of June! So you guys better start the countdown! There are so many things coming up to do and celebrate, and I am excited!! Here is a look at the month coming up...



ON MY NIGHTSTAND (What I'm Reading)



Most of you have probably heard of "The Love Dare" but they came out with a version for parents! Same kind of deal, talking about ways you can become a better parent. And each day gives you ideas of something to do, say, or pray for your kids. It is really neat. I am enjoying it alot, and last night asked the kids a lot of the questions I found at the end of the book.




Jodi Picoult is one of my fave authors.. I have to be in the mood to read her books because they are usually pretty intense and leave me upset or sad! I have started "Vanishing Acts" and it is pretty good so far.



I have heard great things about "Where'd You Go, Bernadette" so that will be next on my list to read!






AT THE THEATERS (Movies I hope to see)



Blended!!! I looove me some Adam Sandler! I see all his movies. If I don't get around to seeing this soon, I will definitely see it the weekend of my birthday! :)






ON THE SMALL SCREEN


I want to rent "Ride Along." I heard it's hilarious!



I heard this one was really good, but really long!



The season finale of Melissa and Joey comes on, and they get MARRIED! Eeeek!






IN MY MAILBOX



I put an order in to Gymboree, they had a GREAT sale and I got a coupon from a friend.. and I got the girls some cute summer clothes. Including this dress I got Brooke. Adorable! The dresses were on sale for $7.99! Can't beat that! I got Rachel this same dress in blue.



I renewed my subscriptions to Redbook and Parents magazine.. should be getting my first issues soon!



I ordered Rachel a few books to give her at her Graduation. This is one of them.



This book looked really interesting, so I ordered it for myself!







PROJECTS TO TACKLE



Finish up projects for Rachel's birthday party! This is one thing I made last week.. a button letter.. it will be used as a decoration at the party, then can be hung in Rachel's room after! Isn't it cute? It was a pain to clue all those buttons on though, took forever! I still have lots of things to make.. button lollipops, signs, button sugar cookies... it should be fun though!!



~Wrap all of Rachel's birthday presents. They are already bought and waiting in the basement! I had bought them all already when I found deals, its nice to have it taken care of!!


~Steam clean our living room carpet. With three kids and 2 indoor pets, it feels like we do this all the time now! Spills, tracked in dirt.. you name it. Arnold does say that he feels like he's had less allergy problems since we started doing it on a regular basis!


~Make  Summer Bucket List! The kids get out of school on June 11th. So I am trying to come up with a list of fun things for us to do while they are on vacation. 


~Get Brooke's EEG done. Hopefully that will be taken care of this month! We are in the process of changing doctors right now (long story!!!)

~Make an appt to sign up for my college classes next month! So exciting!







WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO

~Rachel's Pre K Graduation. Even though I know it's going to make me cry like a baby! I can't wait to see her in her little cap and gown! We are also having her a little party lunch with her grandparents this coming weekend. We did the same things with the other kids and they loved it.

~Trip to the Biltmore house with Brooke and her AHG group. We are riding up there with good friends of our's, so the ride alone with be fun! It is always beautiful up there and fun to tour the place. It will be a fun Girls' Day!

~Rachel's big Lalaloopsy bash! I should be excited, after planning for months now! I don't even want to think how much money we have spent on it!!!

~Rachel's actual birthday. Her actual birthday is on the 18th. Arnold is taking off work that day. We always go do something special for the kids. We take them to eat where they want to go. Give them their presents. Take them to Toys R Us to get their bday crown and balloon, and a pick out a small toy. And something else fun like Chuck E Cheese.

~Father's Day surprise for Arnold... I have plans for him and they are a surprise Mom and Dad are watching the kids over night on the 18th and we are going out to have fun! We are also spending time with my good friend Matt, who I don't get to see often so that makes it extra special!

~My birthday celebrations! I do the same thing every year.. one night I go out with my girlfriends to dinner at O Charley's and have a fun girls' night. And usually one night my mom has us over and cooks me her famous homemade lasanga! It is what I request every year.. it is a tradition!!!!

~My friend Jessica's wedding! It is on the 28th and I can't wait! I know it will be beautiful. I love weddings but haven't been to one in a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment