Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Haircut

So i was getting tired of my hair again. Every couple of months it just starts to really bug me. Whenever my hair gets any kind of length to it, it lays so flat and will not do anything! My hair is thin, straight as ever, and no volume. So when I go shorter it usually looks better. I decided I wanted to get it cut short again so I wouldnt have to deal with it anymore, and really wanted to get it done before I head to Charleston this weekend.

Theres a Salon in the area that I go to usually with my mom, but she only has day appointments and I wouldnt have been able to go this week. I have gone to Great Clips before and they did a good job so I didnt mind going back again. After all its just for a cut, nothing special, and its cheaper ;) So Arnold took the kids to the mall playarea to hang out for awhile while i went. I was afraid it would be a long wait but I waited less than 5 minutes, I was impressed!

The girl who cut my hair ended up being a girl I went to highschool with! So that was cool, we got to chat. She asked me what I had been up to so I whipped out my wallet to show her the picture of all 3 kids. Well its the truth, I HAVE been busy ;) LOL! It felt so strange sitting there in that chair with her cutting my hair, with her license on the wall, and knowing that I have 3 kids at home. And I found out that she has kids too. I felt SO old! haha! I cant believe its been 8 years since I graduated. The years have just flown by since I had kids.

Anyway, she asked me how I wanted my hair cut. I didnt know how to explain how I had it before, and didnt have a picture, so I just told her to do whatever she thought would look good. (after all shes the one who went to school for it!) She started cutting and when she was done I was shocked at how much she cut off! I thought a little above shoulders, but it was at my CHIN! Wow! Ive actually NEVER gone that short before. So i didnt know how to feel about it! Needless to say though, it did have TONS more volume and bounce than before! She did a great job on it. As i walked up to pay I noticed that 2 women had been watching me get it done and they smiled and said that it was a drastic cut! I was like yeah.. no kidding! But they said it looked good and I should see the back.. that it was cute! So i felt better geting some compliments on it!

I went back to the mall to pick up Arnold and the kids. I didnt know how Arnold would react. Like i said, hes never seen it that short before. But he smiled and said he liked it, so I guess that was good enough for me. I woke up this morning shocked all over again when I saw it in the mirror. Isnt it funny how you can forget things over night and then its like ahhhh! Haha.. and of course when I tried to get it to do something this morning before I went out it didnt look at all how it looked when the girl styled it.. but I guess its still cute! I will get used to it eventually! :)

1 comment: