Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thursday Randoms



 My mom and dad celebrated their anniversary this week. 42 years of marriage! Isn't that awesome? That is not very common these days. I am so blessed to have grown up with 2 parents, who really work hard on their marriage, and set a good example for me when I got married. I have seen them have good times, and times when they argued. I know it is all ok. That you can't run out when times get tough. Here's to many more years guys! :)


 
Rachel got this little beauty the other day, haha. I couldn't resist. I had wanted another one, but they didn't have it in her size. Rachel said "yuck" when I asked her what she thought of this one, since it was blah colors, but I pointed out the "cute little ducks" and she was ok with it then :)



Tuesday night was "Meet your teacher night" at school. We took the kids up there to look around. We already knew Caleb and Rachel's teachers since we had had them before, but it was nice to see them after the long summer. Then we went to meet Brooke's teacher. She seems ok but seems like she will be very strict, so I am going to have to be careful, ha! She is also a Duke fan and had stuff hanging up in her room (booo, haha!) Should I send Brooke to school in a Carolina shirt?? ;) She also said that she had heard that Brooke was a talker, so she moved her towards the front of the room! When Rachel went to see her classroom she went straight in and started playing. When we told her it was time to go she had a meltdown. I think she was ready to start that day!



Was grocery shopping and saw some fall scents out. I sprayed a little of the Pumpkin Spice and loved it, so it hopped right on into my cart! I love this time of year!



This book was one of the Kindle Deals awhile back, so I bought it for cheap. It was actually pretty good. Written by the guy who created Veggie Tales. Who knew he had been so young when he came up with the idea. And now kids everywhere love those silly veggies! 



Glade brand came out with some waxmelts, so I wanted to try them out. I picked up the Cashmere Woods last time I was at Walmart. I burned one brick of it in my warmer last night while I was laying in bed reading. It smelled really good! Now to try some of the other scents..
 
 
 
 
 
 
~The kids have really been testing me this week. I don't know what is going on. Then someone told me there was a full moon.. maybe that was it?? I have really had to work extra hard to be patient. I went to bed several nights feeling guilty about wasted days with them, because it was just so rough. Brooke is in a stage where she has been telling lies. Anyone else gone through this? I don't understand why she is telling so many lies. She doesn't seem to want to stop either.
 
 
~My anxiety has been creeping back in lately. Twice I have woken up in the middle of the night and had a very hard time going back to sleep. Thankfully Arnold is a night owl and was up with me, talking me through it and helping me calm down. Having a supportive husband really helps!
 
 
~I think the kids have already decided what they are going to be for Halloween this year! Crazy right? But who can avoid it when everywhere you look they are already putting Fall/Halloween stuff out in stores? Brooke says she wants to be a Lalaloopsy, Rachel says she wants to be a cupcake, and Caleb says he wants to be a Ninja. Now let's see if I can find these costumes without going broke!
 
 
~We finally found a company to work on our roof, and they are actually out here TODAY putting our new one up! Arnold was really impressed with them.. they came right out and looked at our roof and gave us a quote. They seemed nice, honest, and hard-working. This morning they showed up bright and early, 8am to be exact and got to work. Can't wait to see it all finished.



No comments:

Post a Comment