Monday, February 13, 2012

Weekend Review

Friday Arnold was off work (thanks to him losing the Superbowl bet ;) We went to the school and had lunch with the kids. They hardly ever get to see Arnold at school because of his work schedule, so that was a treat for them. That night we dropped the kids off at the Grandparents' and went to dinner at Olive Garden with Ray and Kelly. We had been trying forever to get together with them and go somewhere but It never seemed to work out. So i'm glad we finally did! I love Olive Garden but hardly ever go because they are always so busy. Well Friday night was no exception, they were PACKED.. it was insane. We had to wait 45 minutes just to get seated. Well technically Arnold waited most of that time (thanks honey!) There was a special where you could get soup or salad, an entree, and a dessert, so thats what we did. I got cheese-covered penne noodles with some shrimp, and of course the salad with it and it was so good! And I got the chocolate mousse dessert... yum! Even though the place was so busy and I know the waitress was frazzled, she was so sweet to us the whole time and we got great service. It really was an awesome night out with friends, and some time to relax. I considered it a early Valentine's day date ;) Before we went home to pick up the kids, we went to Lowes hardware for Arnold to pick up some screws for his guitar project. We also walked around and "dreamed" of things we want to hopefully do to our house one day. We got a few paint samples becuase we actually ARE going to paint the kitchen and living room soon, so Im excited about that.

Saturday Arnold took Caleb to the movies to see Star Wars in 3D. His dad ended up going along with them too, so it was a great guys bonding trip :) The movie was 2 hrs and 15 minutes long!! I couldn't get over that. I wasn't too worried about Caleb though, because he loves to watch movies. Arnold said it was pretty good, but not really worth what they spent on the tickets since there weren't that many great 3D scenes. Oh well, at least Caleb enjoyed it. And Arnold did remember to get pictures for me ;) That evening we went to a friend's church, to a Valentine's day banquet. We had paid for tickets earlier in the week, and it went to help out the Youth. They had set up the gym like a "romantic restaurant" with tables all set up with pretty decorations, heart balloons, and lights. They even had little chocolates on the table (Which I ate BEFORE dinner ;) They also had the youth members acting as waiters and they served us, it was so cute. We had steak, baked potato, salad, tea, and dessert. While we were eating the kids stayed in child care and they got to play and have dinner too. Totally worth it for a relaxing dinner where we got to talk! That night we stopped by and picked up our Girl Scout cookies. Which reminds me, Girl Scout cookies are in-- so if you bought any I will get them to you soon ;)

Sunday morning I woke up a little late, but I was still able to get to church on time, thank goodness. I had Boxcar Babies class again this week. We had 4 babies in there this week. I sat on the floor and played with them... they were so sweet! I just enjoy that class so much. Then Arnold got there with the kids and we went to the 11:00 service. We started talking about relationships this week. There were a lot of things in the message that I really related to, and I really enjoyed it. Right after church we met the inlaws at Chilis for lunch. They wanted to take us all out for Valentine's day, I thought that was sweet. Rachel stole my corn on the cob and started going to town on that, it was hilarious. At least she was eating something! ;)

That afternoon we went to Joanne's house to celebrate Ben's 1st Birthday! I can't believe its been a whole year. I always say it, but time goes by too fast. We had a great time. He had a "zoo" theme. I was able to get a lot of cute pictures that i was able to share with Joanne. Ben had a little "Thomas Train" smash cake and he really dug into that thing, he had blue icing ALL over him. The kids all had a great time playing with their friends and I got to chat with some of MY friends too, so it was a win/win. Ben got some great presents too, it looked like. I still love getting to buy baby toys and clothes when I get the chance ;) On the way home from the party Brooke and I stopped by the mall to have a little "Girls outing." Her 6 weeks were up and she is allowed to change her earrings now, so we went to Claire's and picked some new ones out. It was buy 2 get 1 free, so she ended up getting 3 new packs. She got some cherries, apples and strawberries in one pack, then some flowers, and some blue butterflies. She went around the store oohing and ahhing at all the girly stuff (so did I actually, I always loved that store when I was younger.) And she kept throwing things into our basket (I think we need to have a talk about money! ;) But we had a great time. I love, love, love having a girl to do things like this with. We made a stop on the way out to get cookies, too. Brooke got one with sprinkles and I got one with peanut butter :)


Hope everyone had a great weekend!!! :)




Arnold and I at lunch with the inlaws

Us with Ray and Kelly at dinner
Caleb and his Paw at the movies, wearing their glasses

Ben with that blue icing all over him!

Best buds! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment