Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year




So another year has started. And I say this every year but I want this year to be good for us, and better than before. I want to try harder and accomplish more.
 
 
Some things I am looking forward to in 2013:
 
-Arnold's 31st birthday (actually today!)
 
-Celebrating our 7 year wedding anniversary
 
-Getting taxes back and hopefully paying off our van
 
-Planning big bday parties for the kids (look forward to that every year!)
 
-Meeting one of my very best friend's new baby this Summer
 
-Celebrating my 28th Birthday
 
-Rachel starting preschool (even though it will be bittersweet!)
 
-Seeing Caleb start to play team sports
 
-See Brooke bridge up to a Brownie Girlscout!
 
-Me starting back to college in the Fall!!!!
 
-Hopefully taking a family vacation somewhere
 
 
 
 
Some Goals I have for this coming Year:
 
-Getting my house/life organized. I have lots and lots of ideas, tips, etc stored up from magazines, pictures, pinterest.. now just to put it all into action.
 
-Get our finances in order. We had a tough year this past year. We want to pay off some medical bills and other stuff and get back on track.
 
-Save money and budget Christmas better this year, I went overboard in the past!
 
-Starting to exercise more regularly. I'll admit, I hate it. But I feel so much better when I do it! And if I start losing weight, that is all the better :)
 
-Going to see one or two of my favorite bands in concert sometime this year
 
-Read through the Old Testament of the Bible. I read parts here and there but want to pace myself and get through the whole thing.
 
-Learn how to juggle being in college, Arnold's jobs, the kids' activities, my volunteer stuff, church stuff, friend time, and all the other craziness of life!
 
-Have a date night with Arnold once a month or every other month. We need the time.. I miss our frequent dates back before kids!
 
-Read at least 40 books this year-- shouldn't be hard at all.. as I love reading :)
 
-Plan mama/child dates with the kids throughout the year so they can get their one-on-one time with me. I have done this a few times and we all enjoy it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
So there are some of my jumbled thoughts! Anyone else have goals/ideas for the new year??
 


No comments:

Post a Comment