Friday, October 11, 2013

Week Recap

 
The kids have been on a drawing kick. They ask every day to get out their paper and art box to work on pictures. Brooke drew this one of our whole family at the pool. In all their pics they draw me as the tallest or right in the center. I wonder if that means something? I hold the family together, so I guess it's right ;)



We have been wearing our new fall and halloween clothes. Love this time of year!



The kids have been playing outside just about every afternoon. The weather has been SO nice around here! Not hot and not cold.. just right!



My friend Erika and I went shopping at Kohls' yesterday to find me some jeans and a new outfit, and this was the new outfit! I loove the top, it is silky and soft and so pretty! The necklace and earrings are new, also. I wore it to the PCC dinner. We also had 20 percent off coupons so we got a lot of stuff.. it was so fun shopping for us for a change.. we always shop for the kids! 



Arnold was my date last night to the Pregnancy Care Center dinner. They had a really nice dinner at a local church to thank all the volunteers and board members for what they do. We had chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, salad, and rolls. AND this chocolate dessert that was to die for! I had a great time listening to all the stories of how the PCC is changing lives :)



Earlier this week Arnold and I celebrated 8 years since we started dating. yeah, I know, I celebrate everything! But who cares.. it is fun! I still remember 8 years ago when Arnold and I were driving around town and he asked me if we were officially dating! Prior to that, I had almost said "no" to him asking me for a 2nd date, so I am glad I changed my mind! This has been a great 8 years together! We went to lunch at Applebees. It is so much easier to slip away together now that all 3 kids are in school!



The latest "Kohls Cares for Kids" stuff this time around is Peanuts! They have the most adorable books and stuffed animals out right now! I want to get all of them, but so far I got one of the books and the Charlie Brown for Caleb.. I think he will like it. Only $5 per item and all the proceeds go to help kids! Can't beat that! The books they put out are hardback and really nice! I love adding to the kids' collections!



Just started this book the other day, about a young woman who lost her husband. It is pretty good so far. I am reading this while anxiously waiting on the release of "Allegiant" to come out later this month!



I guess it is a bad thing keeping up with "deal" websites and forums, because I am ALWAYS finding something I have to have, just because it is an awesome deal. The other day people were posting about a deal on American Girl dolls. They were the sets with the doll, book, and an extra outfit. It usually retails for $130 but it was going for $50. So of COURSE I had to jump on that! I got this doll, "Marie Grace" for Brooke. I grew up with American Girl dolls, and still have 4 of mine somewhere.. and so I wanted to share it with Brooke! They are recommended for ages 8 and up, so I will probably save it for her next bday.. or maybe Easter. I hope I can wait that long!
 
 
 

 I am in the process of trying hard to lose weight. I am on a medicine that has weight gain as a side effect, and unfortunately I have a lot to lose.. and it has been a struggle! My dr gave me a book all about carbs and how to try to limit them every day, but not cut them out or I will go crazy. Which is true, because I LOVE carbs! ugh.. this is going to be slow for sure, but I know it is what I need to do. I am also not going to change my medicine, because it helps me so much! I have to weigh the positives and negatives. So anyway, I have already lost 4 lbs! It is going to be a slow and steady loss probably, but that is the way to do it. Wish me luck!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment