Friday, October 11, 2013

Why I Share so Much...

 
This was on my heart today, and I wanted to get it out. Sorry for rambling!
 
I have been told I share alot. That I am somewhat "too into" social media. That I am an open book. That people know all about my family and life.
 
There are several things you guys all know about me and my family.. to name just a few..
 
-You know that I was adopted
-You know that I gave a son up for adoption when I was a teenager
-You know that I am a Christian
-You know that I am very conservative, and very pro-life
-You know that my daughter is on ADD medicine
-You know that we are on one income right now and sometimes struggle.
-You know that I am trying to lose weight
 
 
Whether it be on facebook or on this blog, I choose to share these things and others. Why? Because I like to. It doesn't bother me. Writing is an outlet for me. It has been since I was a little girl. When I was around 7 years old I wrote "The Autobiography of Abby Sears." There wasn't much to tell about my life yet at that point, but it made me happy. Writing has always been a part of my life. I am a very shy person, and I have a hard time talking to people or public speaking. I stumble over my words. It makes me feel ditzy and unprepared. I'd much rather think about my words and write them down. Not to mention, the blog is an awesome way to record what is going on with the kids, so I never forget. Way better than keeping up with a baby book, in my opinion ;)
 
Anyway.. since starting this blog I have gotten several comments, messages, emails, etc. That have said things like..
 
-Can you tell me more about adoption?
-Can you tell me more about the pregnancy care center?
-Can you give me advice on this?
-We are in the same boat as you!
-I have this suggestion for you!
-I am praying for you!
-You are loved, and it will be ok!
 
Whether it be advice, words of encouragment, or just something as simple as a suggestion on where to buy something.. keeping in touch with people through social media had done me a world of good. I know some people won't agree with me. They think things should be private. Or that no one cares about certain aspects of your life. Which is fine.. if that is how you feel. But I don't mind sharing. I believe God made us to be a part of a community. To help each other while on this Earth. So I don't mind sharing my experiences! I love that I have helped people out in situations or been able to offer advice. And I love that when I am going through hard times, I can almost always count on a friendly word from SOMEONE.. somewhere....
 
 
So I just wanted to put it out there-- my name is Abby and I may be an over-sharer. But you know what? I am not sorry for it. I am will continue writing.. and sharing. And I hope those of you who don't mind continue to follow on with our crazy life journey! :)

3 comments:

  1. Writing is very therapeutic for me, and I feel like you do. I don't mind sharing my happy and sad moments in life on my blog. Like all "real" people, I have my trials and my flaws. What I can say is that having a mommy blog has been very rewarding...I've learned so much about parenting and have received so much kindness and support. Keep on being honest and true to yourself!

    ReplyDelete