Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Weekend in Review!

 
Friday night the band my husband is in played again at the local country music bar. I was afraid I wasn't going to get to go, because my parents were going out of town the next day and I didn't think they would watch the kids. Well I ended up begging my mom since I couldn't find anyone else, and she said they would watch them, as long as we came and picked them up early the next morning so they could be on their way. So thank you sooo much mom and dad! :) My friends Erika and her husband, Jackie and her husband, and Joanne went with me to hang out. It was Joanne's first time going with us, and she came up to my house and rode with me. We had an awesome time as usual.. watching the guys play and hanging out. There was a full house that night, and lots of people were pretty drunk, so it was hilarious watching. One guy kept going around asking people to go to an "after party" with him.. he came over to us and Erika told him no! haha. There was another guy who kept screaming and saying he was going to take his clothes off. (thank goodness he did NOT!) One of Arnold's friends in the band was exhausted that night and passed out for a minute during the show.. he was ok but that was pretty scary. They were able to go on, they just let him sit down after that.
 
The next morning was ROUGH, to say the least. Arnold and I didn't get to bed until nearly 3am, then we had to get up at 8am to go pick up the kids. I was driving because Arnold said he was so tired, but on the way back I was close to nodding off myself, so I'm glad we got home quickly. Arnold is USED to staying up very late, but I am not! I like to get 8-9 hours of sleep, that is just how I have always been! Anyway, Brooke had a football game that morning she had to cheer at. Arnold so very graciously offered to take the kids to the ballgame and let me rest (isn't he awesome?!) So when they left, I laid down and passed out for over 2 hours! When I got up I was still dragging.. it is rough to get over a night of lost sleep for me!
 
That evening at 5, Arnold and his parents took the kids to a Halloween festival at their church. They had games and activities for the kids to do, and it's pretty fun. The kids go every year with them. While they were gone I tried to get some cleaning done around the house, and took some medicine to help my horrible headache. Loss of sleep on top of sinus issues= no fun! While they were gone I also went down to the Family Dollar. This past weekend they had buy one get one 50% off on their toys, and someone told me they had mini Lalaloopsy dolls for $5! They are normally $7-$10 in the bigger stores. And with the sale that would make the 2nd only $2.50. I hadn't found any at the one right down the road from us, so I decided to try the one even further out. Well I looked and looked, and couldn't find any, then finally I found ONE. One single little doll, all by herself on the shelf, in the wrong place. Well It just so happened to be one I didn't have yet (I am collecting them to have a lot to give to Brooke at Christmas) so I got it, but I picked another toy to get for the sale. I got Caleb a Transformer to add with his Christmas stuff.. he will be happy with that :)
 
When the kids and Arnold got back from the festival, I got in the van with them and we headed to Newton for their Downtown "Spooktacular." We went last year for the first time, and it was pretty fun, so we decided to go back this year. Last year it was FREEZING and we were so miserable. I am so glad it was warmer this year. We had to wait in crazy long lines, just for the kids to get a few pieces of candy, but at least they had fun. They got to dress up and walk around, and see a few of their friends while we were there. We didn't wait around to play any games because Rachel had a meltdown. She had fallen asleep on the way there and was not in a good mood (like her mama, haha!) So we went to Cookout to get some dinner, then headed home. The kids had to immediately dump out all their candy and put them into "like piles" and look it all over. Later after they went to bed I stole some of their Peanut M&Ms... shh don't tell them ;)
 
Sunday morning we got to sleep in a little since I didn't have to work in the baby class. We had some cinnamon buns for breakfast and got everyone ready. Then we went to church. Lesson this week was about "How Do I Find Happiness?" It really hit home with me. I love our church because I ALWAYS get something out of every week. How many people can truly say that? Anyway, it was talking about how even when we get something we are wanting, we always then looking for something else to make us happy, and it becomes a constant struggle. We need to step back and realize that we already have so much to be thankful for as it is. I am guilty of this.. saying I would be happier if we made more money, or went on more vacations, or had a bigger house. But the truth is, I am already so blessed. I have my 3 children who are very healthy for the most part. I have a husband of almsot 7 years who is always there for me and supports me through everything we go through. We have been through some HARD times, believe me, but he has never left my side. And we have a house to live in, the things we need, our kids go to a good school, we have friends who are loyal to us and fun to be with, parents that live nearby and are always willing to help us out with the kids............. and I could go on. So I am going to try and be better at remembering what I DO have, when I start to worry about what I don't have. :)
 
Sunday afternoon Arnold's parents said they would watch the kids while we went to Toys R Us to set up our Christmas layaway. I know we got to go out twice this weekend, but that is usually NOT the case at all. We knew we wanted to take advantage of our time out and turn it into a "mini date" lol! SO we headed to Toys R Us and looked around forever at all the toys they had to offer. We already had a pretty good idea of what we were wanting to get. We picked this week to set it up because they put out their "Big Toy Book" with sales and coupons! Gotta love it. I am so excited because I was able to get a Furby for the girls (I know they are creepy, but my girls have been begging for one and it makes me so happy to see them happy!) and I found one in pink and turquoise! I didn't even know they had that color! I also decided on the Little People Princess Castle for Rachel's santa gift this year.. that was a last minute decision, but it was just toooo cute! Brooke got her very first lego set.. they now have girl legos... how cool! We got her the treehouse. We picked up a few DS games for Brooke and Caleb since their big Santa gifts this year are DS'! I also got a Tag Reader for Caleb and Rachel.. it helps them learn to read. And the game Hungry Hungry Hippos.. loved that as a kid.. I can't wait to play it with them! And a few other things. I love that they have the layaway so we can pay a little at a time and it stays there at the store until mid-Dec, so we don't even have to store it in our house right now! Good stuff for people on one-income and with limited storage space! ;)
 
After we finished our shopping, Arnold and I headed over to Udderly Delicious to get some icecream. I told you we wanted to turn it into a date! ;) Arnold got a vanilla milkshake, and I got a cone of cookie dough icecream.. yum! We had wanted to go to Chik Fila to get their milkshakes (they are the best!) and then I remembered it was Sunday and they were closed! That saying is true that you always want Chick Fila on Sundays and can't get it, ahhhh! While we were gone, the kids had a blast playing outside at their Grandparent's house. They had raked up leaves and were jumping in the piles. They later had little bits of leaves stuck all in their hair.. fun fun! And played out on the old treehouse that used to be their Daddy's! :) They had a blast.. they love them some Grandparent time! Brooke even told me that she needed some "Paw time, that it has been too long!" When in fact they had seem him just the night before! Oh well, at least they are all close! :)
 
 
 
Hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend! :)
 

 
 
 
Me, Joanne, Erika, and Jackie outside the club Fri night before we went in. Erika is sporting her FULL CIRCLE shirt and cowgirl hat, isnt' that adorable?!


At our table in the bar, watching the guys. Our faces are funny because we kept waiting for the camera to go off, it was taking forever! And yes, that is candy in the ash tray. And no, we didn't eat it. I had Gobstoppers in my purse, accidentally dumped them all over the floor, and when we picked them up, that's where they ended up ;)


Jackie made this cute collage of Fri night. Us girls, and some of the band :)


The kids dressed up and ready for the church festival Sat. night.


The kids with their Uncle Gene, the pirate :)

 
The kids outside their Grandparents' house on Sunday afternoon. Happy Halloween! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment