I got a blog award today :) How awesome is that? I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award from Jackie over at Chronicles of Momnia.
The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say “you’re doing a great job”. It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it’s also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs and get them more readers and followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person(s) who nominated you. You pass the Award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions. You’re not allowed to nominate the blog(s) who nominated you! (To get the button, right click the picture on my page and save the picture to your computer. You can then upload to your blog.)
So, here are 11 random facts about me:
1. I was adopted as a 5-week old baby. I have never met my biological parents.
2. I am a huge bookworm. Ever since I was a kid, I went to the library for fun.
3. I am extremely self-conscious and worry too much what people think of me.
4. I am obsessed with owls and have started a collection in my bedroom.
5. I wish I were more crafty like all the moms I see on other blogs.
6. I want to lose a lot of weight but have a hard time staying motivated. I have a horrible sweet tooth that is hard to control.
7. I never saw "Dirty Dancing" until this past year. Now it is one of my all-time favorite movies of all time!
8. I gave into the "mommy van craze" and love it :)
9. I have never broken a bone or had a cavity. I guess I'm lucky ;)
10. I suffer from extreme anxiety and have been through therapy and am on regular medication. It is a daily struggle.
11. I am very tall, 5'10 to be exact. I feel weird wearing anything other than flats because then I tower over most men I know ;)
Jackie's questions for me:
1. What is your favorite season and why? I love spring! After a long winter of being cold and cooped up in the house, it's a welcome change. Plus I love breaking out the cute clothes and seeing all the beautiful flowers.
2. What do you like to do in your spare time? I am either on the internet blogging or reading blogs, reading a good book, or spending time with family and friends.
3. What's one thing you'd change about your life right now? Be more finacially secure.
4. Do you have any regrets? Not actual regrets. I believe everything made me who I am today. But If I had to chose, I wish I would have finished college before having kids.
5. What's your favorite TV show? All-time fave shows would be "Friends" or "Golden Girls." My fave shows right now are "Big Bang Theory" and "How I met your Mother."
6. What is your dream job? A nurse taking care of pregnant women and the sweet little newborns in the hospital.
7. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would you choose? Probably pizza. Wait, can I choose chocolate?!
8. Do you make New Years Resolutions? If so, do you keep them? I always do. I start out doing pretty well with them but then forget about them.
9. If you won a $500 shopping spree, where would you spend it? Target! I can't go into that store without spending money.
10. What would you do if you won the lottery? Pay off house and all bills/debt. Donate to breast cancer, pro-life and adoption causes. Then take an awesome vacation and build my dream home :)
11. Introvert or extrovert? Mostly an introvert. I have always been shy. But when I am around people I know well I don't shut up!
Here are my nominations for the Liebster Award:
Allison at The Budget Maven
Carrie at A Dollop of Donley
Abbey at Just a Peek
Mindy at The Hinds Life
Brittany at The Rainey Days
Crissy at Megow Blessings
Kate at Southern Dwellings
Katie at Our Happily Ever After
Amanda at The Shepard Life
Erika at Always Better Together
Kristen at The Michaels Family
My 11 questions for the nominees:
1. Where did you grow up?
2. What is something you want to do/accomplish before you die?
3. What is your greatest fear?
4. Are you closer to your mother or father?
5. How many US States have you been to?
6. What is one of your best talents?
7. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
8. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
9. What is a movie you could watch over and over?
10. What is your favorite breakfast food?
11. What is something that really gets on your nerves?
Thanks again Jackie, for the award!!! :)