Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My 2nd Therapy Session..

Last night I had my second session with my therapist. Most of you know im going to one, to try and help me with my anxiety and Post Tramatic Stress Disorder. The last time I went it was pouring down rain, and last night it was nice outside and clear, so that was nice. Arnold still drove me though..his place is in Morganton and Im horrible with directions :-P

The session went pretty well, i guess. We mostly talked about my recent fears, of having my wisdome teeth out this Friday. I am TERRIFIED.. i dont like procedures/surgery to begin with, but now with my anxiety its even worse. He told me it shouldnt be too bad, that ill be knocked out the whole time and itll be over with before i know it... Thats what Arnold tells me too-- he had his taken out when he was a teenager. I guess i just have trust issues w/ Drs after what happened to me back in July, But i know they are human and can make mistakes too, and i have to realize that and move on with my life. I really like the Dr/staff at the place im going Friday, so that helps a little. They say the risk factors of anything happening are very low which is good! My mom is going to take care of me all day Friday after the surgery so that Arnold can work-- hes already out of vacation days.



Anyway, we also talked about new ways of me trying to work thru my anxiety,and some stress-relieveing activities to try. He said praying for guidance to help me thru this should make me feel better also. He told me that at my next session we will try imagery techniques and breathing exercises where you try to get to a total state of calmness and serenity. I hope that works for me-- because id really like to try and use that when Im having tough days. The therapist did say that he thinks I have a good chance of working thru this and being able to get off the anxiety meds and move on with life sometime in the near future (a few months to a year) since my anxiety is directly linked to a specific event that happened to me. He said at least this is a new thing and i havent dealt with anxiety my whole life! That is so true!



Anyway, my next session is scheduled in 2 weeks, for Nov 30th. Wish me luck! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your sessions are going well and I'm praying that you'll be able to work to get over your anxiety! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it went really well, Abbs! I hope the sessions help and you can get back to life as normal! I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete