Friday, April 6, 2012

Bumble Bee Party!

For Rachel's 3rd birthday party, I have decided on a BumbleBee theme! We have done animals for all her parties thus far, so I am going on with this, since she still doesn't seem to care one way or the other ;) So these are some ideas I've found so far, and please let me know if anyone has any more! I love planning parties! :)
These are the paper products that inspired me. I found them online. I love the color combo and how good it looks together! I hope to buy all of this stuff at the end of the month. They also have a lot of yellow things I found at Hobby Lobby that would go great with the theme.

I'll be having Mandy (Sain Custom Creations) make Rachel's shirt. I'm not sure what it is going to look like, but I found this online, it is cute with the Bee and the number on it too! Rachel has a yellow/pink tutu that I might be able to match with it, we will see.
My friend Mindy made me the bee bow for Rachel to wear. She was trying to teach ME to make hairbows but I got frustrated :P I don't have a pic of the actual bow, but it looks like this (although her's is neater/cuter ;) She did 2 bows together and put a little bee button on there too!
One of my ideas for the actual party is to do an icecream social/icecream bar. Have icecream set out, along with several different toppings. I am trying to find an indoor place to have the party so the icecream doesn't melt. It is usually pretty hot here in June!
To go along with the colors-- yellow and black balloons! Love the polka dots too!
Found lots of ideas for sunflowers used as decorations and centerpieces, so I think that is a great idea! Even found some fake sunflowers at Hobby Lobby yesterday.
These tissue pom poms are supposedly easy to make... not sure, but it might be worth a try! Could do them in yellows and blacks.
This would be cute to do as a craft for the kids or some decorations! they are made using toilet paper rolls! What a great idea!
As for a cute drink idea, lemondae! Everyone loves it, and its yellow!
This is just an idea, but I love candy bars. Can find lots of different candies that are yellow and have them sitting out in pretty jars, to go along with the color theme, and so guests can take some treats home with them.
Lemonheads are just one of the ideas for yellow candies! I really love them. I even used to like them when I was pregnant with Rachel (helped with nausea!)
I love cakepops! I think they are the cutest things ever. I would definately have to get someone to make these for me if I went this route. Too many little details!
And of course- last but not least- we need a bee cake. There is one like this that can be made using a ladybug pan.. Arnold says he doesn't like it. He likes pictures of 3D beehive cakes... so.. we will see if someone can make that I guess!

1 comment: