Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday


~I'm loving that Arnold has officially been accepted into a local country band! They are called "Full Circle." That was the "news" I was talking about in another blog. There was a few days when we thought he wasn't in, so we quit talking about it. Then we were surprised the other night! I can't wait to go to their shows. The next gig the band has is a thing on May 5th. They are talking about playing a 4th of July party this summer. And they will play at a local country bar, and many other places, just depends. You can tell how excited Arnold is! Another guy in the band has a daughter in Brooke's class. They are best of friends, and so they have been talking about it to each other this week :)

~I'm loving that Tues of this week was McDonalds night for Brooke and Caleb's school. (a fundraiser-type thing). The kids got happy meals (which makes them really happy!) And the girls got My Little Ponies as their toys, so more to add to their collection (they have a ton!) Brooke's teacher was there when we went through the drive-thru, so she got to go in and see her for a minute, which made her day.

~I'm loving that Rachel and I had a mommy/daughter date this week. We went to lunch at Chili's. It was one of the chilly days this week, so she insisted on wearing her owl hat that she got this past Christmas. We walked in the restaurant hand-in-hand, and everyone was saying how cute she was. I had a turkey sandwich and their YUMMY loaded potato soup. Rachel had a grilled cheese and corn-on-the-cob (her newest love!) I love the quality time we spend together. I don't know what I am going to do with myself when she starts Pre-K in 2013. That is ONE more year with her! I cannot get over how fast the time has flown.

~I'm loving that Arnold got his bonus check at work today! We had been waiting forever on that thing. It was somewhat less than what we had expected, but we are blessed to have gotten one at all. The money is basically already gone, we already have plans for all of it. It's sad to see money disappear so quickly, but at least we are getting some things done!

~I'm loving that Arnold gets Thurs AND Fri off this week. While the big kids are at school, we will be working a lot around the house. The painting in the kids' bedrooms will be underway, finally. We are going on Friday to pick out bunkbeds for the girls' room. Thankfully Arnold's dad is loaning us his truck to help haul it back home! We heard of a local furniture store that is going out of business, so maybe we will find a great deal, let's hope so! I found PAUL FRANK monkey sheets on clearance at Target this week, too. They will go on one of the girls' beds. They are so cute, and I think they will go great with their new room!

~I'm loving that "Glee" did a tribute to Whitney Houston this week.

~I'm loving that Caleb's teacher bragged on him the other day after school. She said she could tell he had been working on his writing at home, because she can see a lot of improvement. He just beamed with pride, it was so sweet. He really IS doing a lot better with writing his letters and name. I am thrilled with how much him and Brooke have learned this past year. They are blessed with wonderful teachers!

~I'm loving that Brooke is going to her very first sleepover this Friday night. The Girl Scouts are having one at the church where they hold meetings. She has not stopped talking about it. She says she and her friends are going to have so much fun. I am pretty sure that is going to be a night full of laughs, snacks, and NOT sleeping. Brings back so many memories :)

~I'm loving the newest book I'm reading. Its called "Sing me Home" by Jodi Picoult. Jodi, by the way, is one of my new favorite authors! I really get sucked into her books. The one I am reading now has a lot of sad parts, but it is very entertaining. Next I am going to read "Signs of Life" by Natalie Taylor. I just got it in the mail the other day (Ebay). It was recommended in a magazine I read. I think it is a true story.

~I'm loving that the kids and I are going to visit my parents tonight, and have dinner with them. Arnold went with his friend from work to the Van Halen concert tonight. They probably won't be back until after midnight. So I thought the kids and I would go visit Mom and Dad. I don't really care for being in the house at night without Arnold. Don't see how all you girls with husbands who work overnight do it! When we get home and I put the kids to bed, I will have some time to myself. Probably will get online and read some (story of my life!)

No comments:

Post a Comment