Friday, April 20, 2012

Five-Question Friday


1. What are some things you want to do before you die?

~One of my big dreams is to write a book. As you can tell, I love writing. My problem is that I write a lot of random stuff, it doesn't always flow very well. That was my problem in school, too. So if I wanted to write an actual book I would need lots of help! Another dream is to meet the people in this world I am biologically connected to me. This would be my birth parents, and my birth son. I know my birth parents will be tough to find since most adoption records were closed back in the 80s, but I want so much to find out more about my past and where I come from. It should be easier to reunite with my biological son, he will just have to make the decision for himself, though, which I really hope he does. I can only pray he does! I also would love to visit Italy. It is such a beautiful place and I love looking at pictures. Also, who doesn't love Italian food?! Arnold says he will take me one day if we ever have the $$$, so here's hoping! And one more thing I'd really love to do is take a vacation with just my girl friends. Look at how much fun we have just having a Girls' Night-- could you imagine a vacation?! We have actually talked about doing something for when we all turn 30. We could make it happen if we actually planned it out and started saving some money.

2. What would you do if you won the lottery (or a huge amount of money)?

~I would first and foremost give to church, which I believe you are supposed to do anyway whenever money comes your way (even extra money). I would also give to causes that are important to me, and try to help out some. Then I would want to buy my dream house. I don't care if it's huge (who wants to clean all that anyway!) But i have a few things that I'd love-- a gorgeous kitchen (which is funny, because I don't even enjoy cooking!) A big bathroom with a jacuzzi tub that I could relax in every night, plenty of bedrooms/rooms for the kids and their friends as they grow up, and a front porch with rocking chairs. Along with the house I'd love to take an awesome family vacation to somewhere spectacular. We have only been to the beach so far, but want to take more trips in the future. I would also buy myself a whole new wardrobe and have a day of fashion, because being a Mom, I don't spend a lot of money on myself-- the kids always come first-- but I love it that way anyway! I know a lot of that might sound selfish, but being a Stay-at-home-Mom doesn't pay a lot (in actual money-- it pays in rewards, hugs, and kisses definately!) and I don't always have much extra money!

3. What are some causes that are close to your heart?

~First would be Christianity. Believing that Jesus died on the cross for me, and for everyone, and trying to do my role on this Earth of being the best person I can be and leading people to Christ, by being a witness and a helpful, loving person. (Especially my Children, who God has trusted me with). Another one would be adoption. Being adopted myself it will always hold a special place in my heart. I heard that only 3% of babies born to very young mothers these days are adopted. The rest are aborted or live with their parents. There is not enough information or spotlight put on adoption, people seriously don't know anything about it. I know this because I have had several people come to me with questions about it. I believe young girls need to know ALL the options that are out there before making such huge decisions that will affect the rest of their lives (and that baby's life). This is why I am SO blessed to be a part of the local Pregnancy Care Center. I get to be a part of a group of people that are truly there for young girls in our community who need help, and need answers to hard questions. And lastly, I am very for Breast-Cancer awarness and research. So many people are affected by this horrible disease. My own mother being one of them. She was diagnosed when I was a teenager. It was a very hard time for all of us, and she has been on many medicines and been to so many dr. appointments over the years just trying to get it under control. Praise to God that this past year she was told that she was doing so well she didn't have to go to the Oncologist regularly anymore. She has beat it and is in full remission these days! I hope for her to live a long life :)

4. What is one of your most prized possessions/momentos?

~I have two that come to mind, from my childhood. One of my grandmothers made me a little stuffed bear when I was born. I named him PJ, and used to take him everywhere I went. I still have him, and he lives on the little shelf underneath my nightstand beside our bed. On several occasions I have found Rachel carrying him around, which is so sweet to me. I haven't had the heart to actually "hand him over" to her officially, but I know it will be passed down to the kids eventually. The other thing is a quilt which my other Grandmother made me. My Dad's mom, Louise (who Rachel's middle name is after). It is actually on my bed right now. It is beautiful, and very warm and cuddly :) She stitched in an inscription on the bottom right corner, that says she made it for me, and the year. She made it the year before she died actually. She was such a crafty, amazing woman, and I miss her dearly!

5. What are 3 Words you would use to describe Yourself?

~That is really a tough one! 1 would be loving- because I feel like I have a lot of love to give. I truly care about people, and want to see the best in people. I am pretty trusting of people (which isn't always good, but I am) And I truly hurt when other people do, I hate to see them upset or hurting. I have a big heart (at least that's what my Mom always said!) I like to be a voice for the unborn, because they don't always have people stick up for them. And of course I love my kids and husband more than my own life, so happy God blessed me with them! 2 would be Nerdy, because let's face it, I am-- bigtime. I love to read. And blog. I can't dance to save my life. I get way to excited about things. I sometimes snort when I laugh. I don't always have the most common sense. It's just a part of who I am-- no apologies! Three would be Loyal. When I am your friend, I will be there till the end, and through everything. I am very protective of my family, and would (try) to fight anyone who touched them (ha!) When I love something (person or product) I am sticking by it, and I don't like anything to change. This all goes back to my extreme love for people I care about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment