Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Random Thoughts




I dont have anything specific I can think to write about today, so I am just going to write about some random things from recent times. (got this from a friend, Abbey)


1. I cant believe it is the first day of March. already? I am seriously counting down the days until Spring.

2. I was going to go to IHOP tonight w/ Arnold and the kids for the free pancakes.. but figured it wasnt worth the huge crowds. I can have pancakes anytime.

3. I am currently reading "The Lucky One" by Nicholas Sparks. so far it is very good. I read all his books. I am doing good on the 12 books I bought from B&N lately, too.. finished 2 of them already.

4. I am so proud of Brooke. She is doing great in school. At her parent-teacher conference the other day her teacher told me that she knows a lot of things, has a great vocabulary, follows directions (most of the time) and is very social, and has made a lot of friends.

5. I cant stop thinking lately how fast my kids are growing. I just wish I could freeze time! Dont know if its that Rachel is fastly approaching 2 yrs, or that Brooke will be in KINDERGARTEN this coming year, or what. But it has found me emotional on several occasions!

6. I love spending time with my friends. They have been very supportive and wonderful through hard times, and I just really enjoy my time with them. Lauryn and I go shopping or have lunch most weeks, and I have started to really looking forward to that. And these girls' game nights every month have been awesome.. a time just to get a break from the kids and share some laughs. Cant wait for scrapbook night I have planned later this month :)

7. Money goes fast..... Our tax money is quickly dwindling. I hate that, but at least we were able to pay a bunch of things off, and get a lot done. It feels fun being "rich" for a few weeks though ;)

8. I am starting to plan a baby shower for one of my very best friends, Jess. I love planning showers or parties, or whatever the occasion is. I am so excited to meet baby Hunter this summer!

9. Last week I cooked a nice dinner for Arnold and even did all the extras like brought out the nice napkins, and even bought some dessert. I think he really was surprised and enjoyed it. That was a big deal for me, because I am not a good cook,and dont enjoy it.. so he cooks most of the time and I clean up! But when i saw how happy it made him, i may just have to try harder..

10. I can wait until yardsale season-- and its fastly approaching! I have so much fun every year getting up early (which is the only time i like to!) and getting together w/ friends or my sister-in-law.. and heading out. We somedays find some really great stuff. But even if we dont, its fun just hanging out. And we usually squeeze breakfast in there, too.

11. OWLS--they are my new thing! Lately it was turtles, because of a family joke.. and that was even Rachels bday theme last year. But owls are the thing this year. I love finding the girls' clothes w/ owls, or any other cute things. I even got Brooke owl bedding. And YES, Rachels bday theme this year will be OWLS, i have already decided :)

12. Found out that my cousin, Stephanie, is getting married. She just got engaged a few weeks ago. I am very happy for her. She is getting married in Sept, in Charleston. My family wants to attempt to make the weekend trip, along w/ our kids. I am dreading the trip part... but id love to go!

13. I am still in the process of weaning off my anxiety meds. My afternoon pill is down to 1/4. I am pretty proud of myself. I am supposed to be moving to the next step very soon, but I may postpone. This has been the toughest step thus far, and I am experiencing a lot of anxiety in the evenings recently. I even had my first panic attack in over a year.. the other night.. and it was absolutely horrible. I never want to go back to that place.

14. I re-arranged the girls' room last night. Looks pretty good, still figuring some things out. Sometimes a change feels good. I am planning on shopping for some cute decorative things to go in there, too.

15. Did i even mention that I hate whining, and tantrums? well i do. And Caleb had a horrible one yesterday, ALL the way to school to pick up Brooke. I didnt think hed EVER stop crying. And what was it all over? His shoes. Gotta love 3-year olds!

2 comments:

  1. Thumbs up! and i am looking ofrward to the scrap night too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should go yardsaling together! I just got into it last year!

    ReplyDelete