Saturday, July 21, 2012

Discovery Place Kids

The other day my mom asked me if I wanted to go with her to take the kids to Discovery Place Kids.. it is a educational fun center where kids can go and play and learn. I had seen pictures online and thought it looked pretty awesome. I had also heard rave reviews from some friends of mine. My husband and I had talked about taking the kids sometime before Summer was over, but when my Mom asked me if I wanted to go I had to jump on the chance. We had had a very long week at home with the kids and they were starting to get bored (I know you Stay-at-home-Moms feel me on that one!) Since Mom is off work on Fridays we decided to go then. It was very busy and chaotic in there at times, but I could tell the kids loved it. They jumped from place to place and couldn't contain their excitement. It was definitely worth the trip. I made mom tell the kids when it was time to go home, I just couldn't break it to them! The little kids didn't have a hard time going, but Brooke was totally bummed out. She has asked the rest of the weekend when we can go back.

We plan to go back sometime when Daddy can go with us! The rates weren't bad at all, it was only $8 per person over 1 yr old. About $40 for a family of five. And it took us about an hour to get there from where we lived. I hear there are "similar" places all over! Fun thing to check out with your kids sometime! :) 







While we were there we took care of sick patients...

Deposited some money into the bank...

Steered big ships...

Gave little babies a checkup...

Met firemen and checked out their big firetruck...

Gathered eggs on the farm...

Checked out groceries at the market...

Hung out inside a pretty playhouse...

Got dressed up and put on a play...

Rode in a fast racecar...

Served lunch in a busy restaurant...

Climbed a rockwall...

Splashed around in the water...

And worked on cars.

The kids told their Grandma it was the "BEST DAY EVER!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment