Monday, June 13, 2011

The Weekend

After that big party we had for Rachel Friday evening, I could have slept and slept the morning away on Saturday, believe me.. I was EXHAUSTED. But unfortunately, the kids still get up around 7:30, no matter the day, so we all got up and tried to figure out something to do.

We went driving around to try and find some good yardsales.. that has become a tradition on the Saturdays we have nothing to do. There wasnt hardly anything out though.. at least not for kids. After awhile it was lunchtime and we went to Chilis (an early birthday lunch for Rachel ;) And then we ran by Ritas to get some italian ice. I know, we are there WAY too much, but I just cant resist it.. its soo good. We had a coupon for buy one/get one because I signed up for their club online. They also just sent Rachel a coupon for a free one for her bday, so you know we'll be going back ;) Anyway, then we came home and the kids went down for a nap. Later that night we went to Mom & Dad's for a birthday dinner for Alex. my "little" brother turned 22 on Friday!! We had steak, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and bread, it was sooo yummy! The kids had a great time playing outside.. just walking around the yard takes me back to my childhood and all the fun times I had.. bittersweet. It was a great evening.. we didnt end up getting home until around 9:30 though.. my parents have always eaten late!!

Sunday morning we got up and got ready for church. Rachel wore one of her new dresses that she had gotten for her birthday.. it was soo cute. I wish I had gotten a pic of her in it but she wouldnt stand still! On the way home from church we stopped at Taco Bell for lunch. I also got a Pina Colada freeze drink. I seem to have an obsession with these icy/freeze drinks and like to get them often.. maybe thats why I go to Ritas so much! This is one of the many, many reasons I like summer! ;) When we got home the kids played outside with their sidewalk chalk. They made lots of pictures and Brooke wrote her name.. I added in a few cute messages too, like "Abbs love Arnold" which he saw when he got done mowing the grass ;)

After the kids went down for a nap, I went to a few stores to try and use some of my coupons from this week's Sunday paper. There were some good ones this week! I went to Dollar General and they had their V8 splash juice on sale for $2, and I had a $1 off coupon, so I got juice for the kids for $1.. cant beat that! Ill admit that I WAS excited over that... thats pitiful isnt it? So i see how people can get addicted to the whole couponing thing.. I am still a "beginner" though! That night we had dinner and hung out around the house.. we usually go on a walk around the block in the evenings, but a storm was coming through. That night Arnold and I watched that new movie "Just go with It" with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston. It was sooo funny, I really enjoyed it. Dave Matthews even starred in it, and they made him gay in the movie!!! If you havent seen it, id recommend it!



Brookes apron she wears when she helps Grandma cook!


Rachel playing on the bouncy horse that used to be mine!



The kids with their Grandma!

Birthday boy Alex


No comments:

Post a Comment