Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summer Reading List

I plan on reading a bunch of books this summer. I actually have a list saved on my computer and pinterest that I add to whenever I see a book that looks like something I'd like to read. I can't wait to buy some of these on my list and get started. Here is a look at what is on my list...




"Bloom" is written by a girl that is a popular blogger. I have been reading her blog for awhile now, it is very addicting! She had a baby with Down Syndrome, and it was totally unexpected, and it talks about her ups and downs with everything, and how it turned into a blessing in disguise. Her daughters are beyond adorable!!!

James Dobson is a doctor and Christian writer. I remember my mom reading a book about raising boys. I don't know what took them so long for them to write a book about girls (we need guidance with girls too, right?!) But I am excited that its available now and I am looking foward to reading it since I have 2 girls-- and I hear they get even harder when they are teens!

No I still haven't gotten around to reading "Catching Fire." I can't believe it either! I hope by the time I read it, I haven't forgotten too much about the original "Hunger Games" book!

And of course after I read "Catching Fire" I will need to read "Mocking Jay" and finish the series. I am always behind on popular series, but I ALWAYS get around to reading them! I don't like to be left out on all the "hype!"

I actually found this book at a yardsale awhile back for $1. I am thinking it might have accidentally gotten thrown away though, because I can't find it ANYWHERE. Anyway, I've heard mixed reviews, but once again.. I want to read it to see what its all about.

This one just looked good to me. I saw it on someone's "suggested reads" list on their blog. Everyone needs more happiness in their lives!

I love Sophie Kinsella. She has written several light, girly books that I have read and enjoyed over the years. So this is her newest one and I will be reading it. I read a sample on my Kindle (when I still had it!)

This was another book suggested to read on someone's blog. I don't remember what it's about, but I want to read it.

Mindy Kaling plays "Kelly" on "The Office".. one of my all-time fave shows. Although she plays such a superficial and ditzy girl on the show, she is actually really brilliant, and hilarious. She wrote a book so you know I have to read it!

I don't even know that much about Tori Spelling. But i hear she's a mom now? I of course love reading any and all things about moms and kids and parenting these days, so thought it would be worth a shot.

This is another parenting-type book, written about learning to take care of their new son. Thought it would be sweet. Reminds me of when we were trying to learn the ropes with Brooke. I actually remembering telling my mom a long time ago "how hard can it be taking care of a baby?" HA! I know better now. My entire world was changed when she was born.

Love me some Nicholas Sparks. Read all of his books, so this is next on my list.. it's his latest.. I think?! I get behind sometimes..

This is written by another very popular blogger, Matt Logelin. He and his wife had their baby daughter, Maddy, and later that day she died suddenly of a blod clot. Gave me chills reading that (Most of you know I had a blood clot after having Rachel) and reminded me how blessed I was to still be around! Anyway, when I found his blog I read and read all night... it was so powerful and moving. The book (and blog) are about his journeys as a single dad. He is so inspiring, he loves that little girl SO much!

Emily Giffin is another writer I love. I didn't even know she was coming out with a new book! This is due out in July, so I will be getting it!

No comments:

Post a Comment