Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday


~I'm loving that last night I was so excited about today's events (awards ceremony and Graduation for Caleb) that I didn't go to bed until really late. I just couldn't seem to sleep!


~I'm loving that today marks the 1-week date since we've had Molly :) She has really made herself at home this past week and she is now officially a part of the family. The other day I lost her for a few hours.. I turned this house upside down looking for her. I even called Arnold at work crying (later I felt silly about that). But she is just a baby and I was worried she had accidentally slipped outside sometime or gotten stuck somewhere.. the possibilities were endless in my mind! Then later that afternoon I saw her in the middle of the kitchen floor and she looked up at me and meowed. I scooped her up and said "don't scare me like that again!!" Arnold says its safe to say I am attached ;)

~I'm loving that Arnold was off work today to be able to go with Rachel and I to all the school events. Which means he had extra playtime today with Rachel, got to rest, and we went out for icecream while we were waiting on the kids to get off of school.

~I'm loving that when I dumped my change at the coinstar thing today I realized I had saved $37.00! It really adds up when you keep dumping your extra change in a bottle. I am going to start saving again. I put that money towards our groceries this week.

~I'm loving that we got so much accomplished today! Along with going to the school to see the kids we did some grocery shopping, went by the bank, insurance place, and did a little cleaning and laundry here at the house.

~I'm loving that I have decided to go back to school for my social work degree. I know it is going to be hard since I am an adult now and have 3 kids, but I have to start sometime. I will either start Spring or Fall of next year. I am really going to have to learn to manage my time better to get all the things I need to get done AND do homework. I know I will be so proud of myself If I accomplish this though.. and I want to show my kids that it IS possible! I want to be able to have a job that I love in the future.

~I'm loving that there are only 3 more days until Rachel's birthday party! I can't believe it is so close! I was looking up tutorials last night to learn how to make tissue pom poms for some of my decorations. Doesn't look too hard, but what do I know? Arnold says he will help me-- he is a lot better at doing things with his hands like that than I am!

~I'm loving that Caleb's teachers gave the kids books as graduation gifts. His book is called "I Knew you Could" and its about a little train and how he has to choose his own track in life and needs to enjoy things along the way, and never give up. I read it to the kids tonight. It was such a sweet book, and very fitting for a graduation/end of year. I almost cried reading it.. I just can't believe how quick my kids are growing up!!

~I'm loving that "Saved by the Bell" has showed up on Netflix! When Arnold discovered this he just had to make sure that we started watching old episodes. It really took me back! We have made the kids watch it with us some times, too. What kid couldn't do with a healthy does of the 90's? Us 90's kids are cool I tell ya! ;)

~I'm loving that my kids are so healthy. We have been so blessed. I know we have had our issues along the way (Caleb's stomach problems, Brooke's seizures, etc) but in the grand scheme of things they are healthy kids. I have recently read a few blogs about Moms who have lost children to SIDS, cancer, or other things. I cry just reading their blogs, I can't imagine having to go through that. They have such strength to get through something like that. When I read that stuff I just want to grab my kids and hug them.

~I'm loving that I am now officially on the countdown for my birthday!!!!! :)

~I'm loving that I have such great friends!!!!!! I may be biased, but mine are the best ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment