Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Who I Am

WHO I AM



I AM-- Abby. Real name Abigail. Nickname Abbs. Wife. Mother. Friend.

I want... New Rainbows, the next book in the series I'm reading, all the cute owl stuff at Kirklands (!), my living room carpet cleaned (can you tell it's almost my birthday?!)

I have... Brown hair and brown eyes.. don't know how my kids got their blonde hair and blue eyes! Their daddy must have really strong genes! Oh well, makes for some cute kids! ;) 

I wish... my kids would learn to get along! I am so tired of the whining. And we're only on week two of Summer break. How will I ever survive?????

I hate... when people are rude and mean for no reason. Bullies. Spiders and other bugs that creep around and catch me off guard. Not being able to sleep some nights. Panic attacks. Bad drivers. (Disclaimer: I don't truly HATE anything. Don't care for that word!)

I fear... Losing someone I love and care about. Not doing the very best job I can raising my kids (being responsible for three lives is scary!) The smaller things.. public speaking, tight spaces, driving in the rain.

I hear... Yo Gabba Gabba. That's what the kids are watching this morning while eating breakfast.

I search...For meaning. For my biological parents (starting soon). On Pinterest (ha) That site is just so darn addicting!

I wonder...What I am going to do for my birthday this year. What my kids are going to be when they grow up. Who Brooke is going to get for her 1st Grade Teacher.

I regret... Wasting so much time and being a crazy person in high school and college. I got too serious with a boyfriend at the time. I didn't focus on my studies like I should have in college. I made some really bad choices. But we live and learn I guess. 

I love... God. My husband. My kids. My entire family. My wonderful group of friends. My church family. My dogs and new kitten.

I ache... For the families in bad situations all over the place. I read a lot of blogs and see stories every day of heartbreak. People losing babies. Finding out they have Cancer. Surviving natural disasters. Makes me thank God that we have been so blessed.

I always... Check facebook every morning (don't want to miss anything!) Have my nose in a good book. Take a shower every day (I feel yucky if I don't!) Get really excited over things.  

I usually... Am very nice to people (I do have my moments though!) 

I am not... Very patient. A very good driver. Blessed in the musical sense (wish I could sing!!!)

I dance... In the living room at home. We turn on the music and bust loose. I would be embarrassed for anyone to look in my window! We are usually dancing to Dave Matthews... or here lately it would be Justin Bieber (my daughter's first crush!)

I sing... In the car, in the shower, when cleaning.... singing makes you happy!

I never... Just go right up to people and start a conversation. I am pretty shy until I get to know you.

I sometimes... Let things get to me too much... some things really bother me that I shouldn't even be worrying about. Or over-analyze something that just happened or what someone said. 

I cry... Alot, I am pretty sensitive. At sad parts in a movie, when bad things happen to people, when I get my feelings hurt, and of course at that dreaded "time of the month."

I lose.. My patience alot. Especially with the kids or on the road. I need to work on that. I often lose things I buy too, because I put them back in the closet and forget about them.

I am confused... At how some people chose to treat others or live their lives. Some things just don't make any sense to me.

I need... To start reading my Bible more often. To bring my stress level down a LOT. 

I should... Get off the computer and start the day. I still need to clean, go to the bank, go get some groceries, and then find something to keep the kids busy today!


Who Are You?




I am a wife--to Arnold-- for 6 1/2 years now.

I am a mom. Of 3 sweet babies (well not really babies anymore!) Brooke, Caleb, and Rachel. And mom to one son who was given up for adoption when I was a teenager.

I am a Christian. A follower of Jesus. A member of Christ Church. This pic was from my baptism, in Nov of last year.

I am a daughter. To Richard and Guynell. I am blessed to still have them in my lives. They have been married for 40 years now and model a loving marriage to me.

I am a loyal friend. I care deeply about my friends. I am a member of the "Fab 4!" These are 3 of my closest friends in this pic-- Jackie, Joanne, and Erika. I also have a few other very close friends not pictured but I love them just the same!!!!! :)

I am a lover of babies! They are so cute! Ha! I'd have a million more if Arnold would have let me ;) This is a pic of me and my "nephew" Benjamin! :)

I am a nerd. I mean bigtime! I am silly. I go to the beat of my own drummer. I get very excited about things. I have a lot of pent-up anxious energy. I am very loveable :)

2 comments:

  1. This was a cute idea for a post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jackie. Don't be surprised if I totally steal the idea for The Budget Maven. :) I'll link back to your original post, though. :)

    ReplyDelete