Sunday, April 17, 2011

Saturday

Saturday we woke up to the it POURING rain.. I mean it was ridiculous how bad it looked out. Perfect weather for sleeping or reading all day, but of course 3 kids wont let you do that! ;) At noon we took the kids to Chuck E Cheese for Connor's birthday party. He turned 1 year old today, Happy Birthday Connor!! The kids had a blast, like usual.. they love that place (Mommy and Daddy, not so much!) They got a lot of tokens, and played a bunch of games.. to help them along, Arnold and I played a lot of the games where you could win tickets really quickly! With all the tickets combined, the kids had just a few shy of 400.. pretty impressive! They got to go pick out their prizes, and Caleb of course wanted the rubbery animals and insects.. a snake and spider. Since then he has loved rubbing them all over me and giggling, trying to creep me out! :) Brooke wanted a bracelet and some NERDS candy (she is just like her Daddy, that is his all-time favorite candy!) It was taking too long to figure out what else to get, so I just got them 14 packs of Smarties candies with the rest.. haha.. figured I could hand them out later for little treats!!

Then the kids went to the party table and had pizza w/ their little friends. Then they had cupcakes.. which Rachel tore into one and got it ALL Over her.. but it was cute. Caleb only licks the icing off and leaves his cake part, so I ate that ;) Thank you kids for the leftovers!! But my waist is definately NOT thanking you! The theme was Toy Story, and the kids got cute alien party hats to wear, and little Toy Story blowouts. Rachel didnt care for the kids blowing them out in her face though. Poor kid.. she will be tough one day for all the stuff she goes through ;) Then they had the Birthday celebration where CHUCK E himself came out, and Rachel wasnt scared.. (although I find him a little creepy myself!) She was waving at him yelling HEY HEY HEY!! And then she danced in the aisle for awhile.. she was having herself a good ol time! So.. after a few more games, it was time to go. We got home a little after 2:00 and put the kids down for their naps. They got a lot of their energy out from the party and took good naps!!


That night Arnold's parents watched the big kids, while Arnold and I went out for awhile. We took Rachel with us. We went to Subway to get something to eat, and I tried their Bacon, Egg, and Cheese sub on wheat.. it was yummmy! I love breakfast food! Rachel liked it too, she shared with me :) Then we went to Target and picked up some things for our easter party.. the stuff to make cupcakes, some eggs, and candy to fill them with. I also found some cute crafts for the kids to do this week.. Brooke is off on Spring Break so anything to pass the time, right?!


After we picked up the kids and came home and put them to bed, I made cupcakes!!! Yes, I dont cook alot, and I dont bake alot, but I thought it would be nice to make some for the Easter Party today. Arnold helped me a little bit.. he is such a sweet hubby :) I am loving my new oven.. let me tell you! I think I might cook even more than usual.. which wouldnt that make my mother happy ;) Anyway, I think they turned out pretty cute.. we did the confetti cake, with vanilla icing, and got these bunny and chick cupcake toppers, and I added some jellybeans too! :)



At Chuck E Cheese. Grinnin and showing off that missing tooth!

Showing off his new creepy-crawlies!

No comments:

Post a Comment